1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michele Bachmann: Gay Families Are Not ‘Families’

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 4alex6, Aug 16, 2011.

1. 4alex6

#1 4alex6, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. Emberstone

michelle bachmann is becoming the biggest civil/patriotisem test. if you know your american history, you do not vote michelle bachmann, because she doesnt know hers... if you know your constitution, you do not vote michelle bachmann, because she doesnt know hers... if you love this country, you do not vote for michelle bachmann because she cant be said to love hers because she doesnt know jacksquat about what makes america. If you have a brain, you dont vote for michelle bachmann period.

3. maverick

Michele Bachmann is not presidential material. That's about the nicest thng I can say about her.

And she is apparently unaware of the recent study which concluded that lesbian couples statistically make better parents than any other demographic, gay OR straight.

4. Emberstone

never listen to a politician who says "america was founded as a christian nation" or any variation thereof...

I thought Sarah Palin was bad, and all Sarah Palin basically was when you got down to it was dumb as mooseshit.

michelle bachmann is dumb, yes, criminally incompetant... but she also on top of that is utterly disconnected from reality, which makes her downright dangerous.

5. ANightDude

Who cares, she's a bitch.

6. Emberstone

anightdude... dont you think your being too nice to her?

she is a psychotic bitch!

Michelle Bimbomann, keep your fucking nose out of my private life. God didnt drop dead and make you nazi queen of the conking universe you hydrophalic arse tart!

7. No One

The fact that she says anyone who is gay is "Putting themselves in personal Bondage and Enslavement" and that people need to have "extreme compassion" for those with "Sexual Dysfunction and Sexual Identity Disorder" just shows how ignorant she really is.

Anyone who is so discriminatory and intends to use the Executive Office as a vehicle to force that discrimination (be they Republican, Democrat, or otherwise) has no place being president.

She didnt one give a straight answer. I LOVE her face throughout the whole thing.

#7 No One, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  8. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    um... but I thought she didn't judge gay people? Hypocrite.

9. Emberstone

Don't try to rationalize the irrational.

that is like trying to drive a school bus through a pencil sharpner.

10. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Stupid twat.

11. Zontar

Here's something I'm wondering. To her, these are small innocuous statements, but the media is certainly picking them out and putting 'em under a magnifying glass. With that in mind, how deep of a hole is she actually digging for herself just because of this one issue? Could we have hit the point in history where being anti-gay can cost you the presidency?

12. maverick

Here's hoping.

It will certainly cost her the youth vote.

13. ezkill

This is a very interesting way to look at things. I was thinking along the same lines... However I don't believe we are at "the" point in history where being anti-gay can cause you to lose a chance at being president.

One also has to remember that most, if not all, media outlets love to sensationalize and write attention-grabbing headlines. With that being said, we have to be careful not to call people who don't support gay marriage, flat out "anti-gay". There's a difference between being plain and blatantly homophobic and anti-gay, and between a political stance, such as not supporting gay marriage (whatever those illogical reasons may be, they may not necessarily be strictly anti-gay in nature). I can understand that in some people's universe(s), they truly don't understand that the Bible is just a guide, not something to be strictly adhered to. These are people that are homophobic and THEN use the Bible to defend their view points, these are people that pull their views FROM the Bible.

I'm not sure where Bachmann falls really, but I do know she would never get my vote, regardless on what her views on homosexuality are.

The problem with our current political party system is that 1) to get a real chance at office, you have to be affiliated with one of the two political parties, and 2) you have to be a hardcore adherer to the party line in order to be recognized, considered, and supported by the party affiliation you chose.

Hence an individual may support the social positions of Democrats (i.e. legalizing the use of marijuana, health care, gay marriage, etc) but be fiscally conservative. Likewise, someone may support gay marriage, but they may not support the legalization of marijuana. These sorts of individuals would not have a realistic chance of getting votes if they did not publicly commit to one of the two parties, because apparently people like their politics to be black-and-white with no shades of grey in the middle. To me at least, this explains how a politician like Bachmann can come off as ignorant, uneducated, and irrational. She may be all of those things, but I also consider the aforementioned factors in how she (and other politicians across the board) publicly present themselves.

This may be naive thinking, but I want to believe that most GOP politicians who are against gay marriage are simply trying to keep their current constituents while gaining the approval of future voters within their party. They may not actually be anti-gay on the inside, but they are willing to "fuck over" anyone and everyone they can in order to climb the political ladder. To me though, this behavior still screams "scumbag", so don't worry, I'm not siding with any haters :slight_smile:. Unfortunately, I think that with most "homophobes", whether they are self-proclaimed or not, the above situation is not the root of their homophobia, which is unfortunate because you can't educate the hatred out of some people.

Anyways I sort of went on a rant. Moral of the story: forget what I just said, and certainly don't vote for Bachmann!

14. Mogget

Technically, Bachmann didn't say gay families aren't families, she said marriage was between a man and a woman. That's not the same thing.

15. 4alex6

I still think Bachmann believes gay families aren't families, she just doesn't want to say it directly. If she thought that gay families are families, then she would have said so instead of trying to avoid all the questions.

16. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish she would crawl back to wherever she came from and take her crazy eyes and gay husband with her.

17. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    she wont win the gop nomination so i dont see why you let yourselves get all riled up by one crazy person, she will disappear later and another will take her place, just ignore them they aren't worth your time.

18. Emberstone

well, it would be easy to ignore her if it was not for the fact that quite a few of the GOP cannidates are 'crazy': santorum, paul, pawlenty, perry, and cain all are deeply crazy in various ways, and some in the same ways as Bachmann the bumblings constitution defecater.

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's the new Palin imo except possibly dumber.

20. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    Yes but she did try to dodge the question which leaves too much room for people to guess at what she thinks. well either tried to dodge or flat out one of the dumbest people ive seen anyway.