1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender woman, gay man wed in Cuba in sign of changing attitudes toward homosexua

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...omosexuality/2011/08/13/gIQAZ5cRDJ_story.html

2. Hot Pink

Re: Transgender woman, gay man wed in Cuba in sign of changing attitudes toward homos

I struggle with this. They make this out to be a revolutionary thing, but it isn't. It's just another heterosexual marriage. There's nothing new here.

3. maverick

Re: Transgender woman, gay man wed in Cuba in sign of changing attitudes toward homos

This. My first question was, "Why would a gay man marry a transwoman in the first place? Doesn't he want to marry a man?"

I'm not into publicity stunts.

4. Veronica

Looking damned good at least. Nice dress too :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

5. maverick

She is absolutely gorgeous. *heart*

6. Lady Gaga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I think it's a nice sign of progress (although not revolutionary) as they're not viewing the woman as a "faggot man who got a surgery" like homophobic people/countries do. They view her as a real woman, which is what they should do.

Many countries don't allow this. And there are still states in the US that don't.

7. maverick

I guess I am probably not thinking too that maybe this couple was together (as a gay couple) before the woman transitioned...and the guy loved his S.O. so much that the new plumbing didn't matter.

8. Zeketra

Zeketra Guest

eherm... married a gay man? Its actually called being "straight" but its a start >.>

I'm happy for her xP

9. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

hmm I one time saw something in Jerry Springer where a man had a sex change so he could be lesbian :s

but anyways I'm finding this thread confusing :S sorry I don't mean to sound offensive :s, but if I'm not mistaken, a man is marrying a transgered woman? if so, I'm happy for them :slight_smile:

#9 Witchcraft, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
  10. Noir

Well, there are 50 states in the US--it's only natural some of them wouldn't turn so easily.

11. Veronica

Which makes perfect sense as gender identity (assuming (s)he's identifying as female) and sexual attraction are two separate issues. Being bigender and attracted to women I find having male on female sex as somewhat unfulfilling. So I can certainly understand the issue.

12. Katelynn

Honestly, this is pretty much the same thing with me. I have felt female my whole life. When I finally decided that I was female when I was about 10, I also realized that it'd probably make everyone think I was a gay boy too, as I had just assumed that since I felt female, I'd probably be attracted to boys. Then puberty hit & I started getting attracted to other girls in my classes & it deeply confused me, which is one of the overwhelmingly huge reasons I went deep into the closet. It was about the beginning of high school that I first started to realize, just a bit tho as it was still extremely confusing for me, that I was a gay girl in a guy's body. I barely dated in high school because of this. My first sexual encounter was HORRIBLE, I didn't think that sex with a girl was suppose to be like that & it felt unnatural for me, & it has been like that every other time I've had sex. I finally just gave sex up altogether in 2005 since it is just so awful & feels so wrong. This is one of the reasons, for me, that I needed to come out of the closet & finally decide to transition to my true gender. I just can't have a normal relationship with another girl IRL because I have to lie about who I am because I'm afraid of how she'll react when I tell her I'm a lesbian in a guy' body & not a straight guy - believe me, it just isn't the same thing. I want to meet a girl, fall in love, get married & have a family - I just cant do that as a guy tho, it's not who I am. So in that respect, I'm like the woman on Jerry Springer - I want a sex change so that I can be a lesbian, or at least one that other women will accept so I can have a normal relationship...

Sorry for that whole long rant, it's been extremely frustrating for me to feel & be like this my whole life... :bang:

13. Zontar

>gay man
    >marries woman

What is this I don't even