1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LAtes FCKH8 Video

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by No One, Aug 23, 2011.

1. No One

While I'm usually not a big fan of swearing, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this video.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQmprNdamNg[/YOUTUBE]

Simply awesome! I ordered the "Don't B H8N On The Homos" bracelet. (!)

P.S. Yes, I noticed that my thread title got screwed up. My computer is having some issues.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG I can't believe they got those two boys to kiss. That was ADORABLE!

3. Brad

I'm not sure why but i found that part rather creepy.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The censored version "for wussies" is funny too.I love FCKH8 :grin:

5. Nomad187

Why? in disney shows you see straight kids kiss all the time why is this one creepy?

6. browneyedboy

i want the neon pink sunglasses NO2HOMOH8, this is such a good campaign!

7. Fiddledeedee

Well... get the message through by any means necessary! :wink:

I try not to swear often, as it means that when I do my friends know that something is SERIOUSLY pissing me off. FCKH8 is awesome, though!

8. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    I love it i want the braclet and hoodie :grin:

9. No One

There was actually a whole debate on the subject of the two boys at the end on Unicorn Booty, and the thing most people said was that we see straight kids kissing on tv all the time, so there is honestly nothing creepy about two gay kids kissing.

10. daedalus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love FCKH8 and usually like their videos but this is kind of obnoxious in terms of how they did the video itself. I get the bright colors are part of their color scheme but it's horribly distracting in this video as well as the constant record skipping noise. It really takes away from the point they're trying to get across. Not to mention some of them look deranged..I had to play it a couple times to hear what they're saying because it's all fast paced, color crazy, arm flailing and stuttering.

11. No One

While I dont like the skipping, I think the colors and the crazieness serve to make it leave a better impression on people.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Plus guys...unless you're music virtuoso/music critics, an average American for example won't care about the record skipping.

13. Brad

Maybe it's just because i don't watch disney shows but i don't remember the last time i saw children of that age kiss each other.

14. Leif

This made me laugh and smile like mad. Totally want a hoodie.

15. No One

You dont even need to watch Disney to see kids kiss. Every show has kids kiss at one point or another.

16. Cynicite

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "Don't let them touch you!!!" - Best part hahaha

17. maverick

I didn't find it creepy, but I did find it kind of unnecessary. It seemed almost like a "Fuck you!" at the end to the conservatives who have been tearing down these videos for "negatively influencing the children". And while a hearty "Fuck you!" is definitely in order, sometimes I feel like lowering the rhetoric to their level does more harm than good. Answering an extremist argument with another extremist argument just escalates the conflict.

And whether it's for a good cause or not, I think it's exploitative to use kids to influence persuasive political arguments. If NOM had a straight, anti-gay ad equivalent to the FCKH8 campaign and they used a little boy and girl kissing to demonstrate their views on how people should be raised in heterosexuality, folks would raise holy hell about them using the kids for their own purposes. I don't see how it's much different here (except that you can't force little boys to kiss each other if they don't want to, :lol:slight_smile:.

I like the rest of it though. I just sort of wish if they were going to have two guys kiss, it was teenagers and not little kids (like in their other FCKH8 video). I guess I just don't really like people associating homosexuality with small children, because they don't think "Oh yeah, there are homosexual kids too, that's cute," they think "OMG pedophiles!?! SAVE THE CHILDREN!!!"

#18 maverick, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  18. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That video was very amusing. I like it quite a bit, although the skipping was a tad annoying. I have to say I was more shocked than anything else at the two boys at the end of the video. It's not that it bothered me, but I found it a little odd considering their age. And honestly, I do disapprove of seeing straight kids kissing in Disney movies or TV shows as well. They're kids, they shouldn't be romantically involved or anything. I mean, if they're younger than 14 or something, then I don't think it's "cute", I find it inappropriate. Now, I don't know what age these boys were, but either way, I'm not sure where I stand on them being used in the video. If they were older, then that would definitely not be such an issue, but the fact that they look so young is probably going to cause more problems for the group.

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh....it amazes me some people >_> Did you know that Prop 8 used kids for their ads? And their parents didn't even want them in the ads? They took video of say a scene that their kids happened to be in, like they were on stairs on the parliament or something and instead used it for their ads and turns out the parents were never contacted for consent. You can complain all you want about the kids kissing, but you know, PRETTY sure they didn't do it against their will or anything. So yeah to me there's a difference but hey to each their own.