1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Santorum Q&A: Marriage for gays threatens religious freedom

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://iowaindependent.com/60602/santorum-qa-marriage-for-gays-threatens-religious-freedom

2. Emberstone

fucking asshole. religious freedom constitutionally only means one thing: in the privacy of your life, you are allowed to practice your religious beliefs as long as they do not cause harm to others.

religious freedom also says you cannot force your fucking narrow minded religious beliefs onto others, for that infringes their freedom of religion.

Got a problem with gay people? who gives a shit? the constitution doesn give a flying fuck in hell that you have a problem with gay people.

3. maverick

OMFG. Really?

If I hear one more Christian throw the "religious persecution" card in this debate, I'm going to slam my head in a filing cabinet.

Believers do not have the right to discriminate against non-believers using federal or state law. Period.

If the Catholic church (for example) doesn't want to marry gays in their church, they don't have to and shouldn't be forced to. But they should allow Universalist churches to marry gays, as well as any other denomination which accepts them, and the civil court should marry any two people who love each other and want to make a lifetime commitment, regardless of gender. [It's called separation of church and state, and is one of the few things that keeps America from transitioning into a Judeo-Christian theocracy.]

Yeah, I really want to take values lessons from someone who helped cover up his coworker's affair. :rolle:

Pretty sure committing adultery is against the Bible too.

4. XXReye

Ha, he's still doing that "marriage is what marriage is" thing.

And he conventiently forgets that the marriage before government was essentially when women were property, people even had multiple wives, etc...
    And facepalm to his "religious freedom" bit...what about the religious freedoms of gays who believe it is perfectly fine?

Ah, there's almost no point in arguing facts to this man because he's so far into his delusion.

5. Emberstone

Santorum is as much a christian as dwayne Johnson is a midget.

What he calls 'religious freedom', the real world calls 'nazi style facisem.'

6. Mr.Pushover

You win.

7. Emberstone

please tell me it comes with a prize of a years supply of creme soda.

8. DarkClarity

Utter tosh. This is an example of why religion and politics should be kept separate. In fact I think religion and state should be completley separate so no funding, no RE lessons, nothing.

Also as it's been said here already what about the 'religious freedoms' of individuals who don't have any problems with homosexuality and other LGBT individuals? I'm no expert when it comes to US but surely by using legislation on either state or federal level to discriminate against the LGBT not only violate peoples 'religious freedom' but also be illegal?

This world we live in does my head in sometimes. :bang::bang::bang:

9. Emberstone

it is the long standing battle between "americans" and "religious zealots", because the constitution does not support the idea of you being both, because the very act of being a religious zealot requires you do demonizing founding ideals of america.

Santorum recently said gay people and lgbt advocates have taken a 'jihad' out against him... the funny thing is, the cloesest we get to jihad in america is the religious wing of the republican party taking 'religious wars' out on everyone, be they black, jew, gay, hispanic, foreign, muslim, female, or educated... all groups the ultra right wing have taken it unto themselves to demonize.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dumb as shit answer...

Yup, was around before religion too :slight_smile: