1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fischer: Criminalize Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Dan82

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF9J__0rT50[/YOUTUBE]

#1 Dan82, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
  2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

My faith in humanity is occasionally restored by the number of dislikes videos like that get.

3. ANightDude

He really has no idea what the hell he's talking about. Sodomy was illegal in over 20 states until 2003, when Lawrence vs. Texas went up to the Supreme Court and said states cannot criminalize homosexuality.

I mean, if he's gonna bash, he might as well get the facts right.

4. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This man is clearly an idiot

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaTnrwMwhT4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

'Muslims marry their cousins because it is what Mohammed did'

No. Just shut your dam face, please.

5. maverick

So basically government should stay out of people's lives until it's needed to discriminate against minorities.

Awesome. I love right wing logic.

6. FoxFire11

If they did recriminalize homosexuality, I wonder how they would police it. Cameras in everyone’s home?

7. Zontar

I would say criminalize the AFA, but unfortunately, the Constitution won't let us.

The same way they did it in the old days. As an extra "gotcha" if they catch you in some other crime. Almost like a reverse hate crime charge.

8. Emberstone

lets strengthen the criminalization of child abuse... that will piss off fischer and the other fundiementalist christians. They are angry at cnn for airing a special that showed a movement popular in parts of the fundementalist christian movement that involves beating a child until they show no free will, because whole sections of fundementalist believe god mandates beating a child with a 'rod' to teach them.

basically, it doesnt matter if the child has misbehaved, you beat them from an early age (though the book says never do it out of anger) to teach them to obey. the book, if anyone wants to know, is titled 'To Train Up a Child.'

Fischer likes to act like allowing LGBT people to exist will be harmful to children. the notion that the existance of gay, trans, bi, and other LGBT people will destroy children is blatently wrong.

yet these same so called chirstians are advocating spanking and hitting your children, sometimes even proactively to teach them to be obediant.

here is fisher on spanking:
    and a bit more from same article:
    Bryan Fischer: Fox says girls died from spanking; not true: died from a beating - RIGHTLYCONCERNED.COM

This is the kind of monster bryan fischer is.

Spanking a kid is hitting a kid, which is beating your kid. just because you do not hit your kid as hard as you would if you smashed their skull in with a frying pan doesnt make it not abuse.

what does more harm to a child; the existance of gays in the world, or physical abuse and assult?

It takes a horrible kind of person to listen to bryan fischer, and take his words to heart.

9. Mr.Pushover

^I'm pretty sure spanking just creates MORE child rebellion.

10. Haberdasher

Eh, my parents used beltings as discipline I can't say I feel particularly "abused" by it. : / (neither did I become more rebellious, I am averse to pain! xD)

Also, to those asking how "sodomy" was policed, since I live in one of those lovely states that didn't decriminalise until 2003, it was, as Zontar mentioned, an extra gotcha, or the neighbors would call the police on you and a partner if they suspected, or even a cop would pressure you to confess then arrest you. So glad I was mostly too young and too celebate (amongst other things) for that law to have ever been an issue for me (I was still just in highschool when the Lawrence vs. Texas case went to court).

11. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

When will these old bigots die already?
    /sigh

12. Emberstone

evil is not easy to kill... why do you think voldemort made six horcruxes?

13. Psymark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think we should also go back to criminalizing weird habits like walking with a duck on your head on tuesdays and fridays between 10AM and 9PM. Criminalizing stuff is fun. Yay...

Go away, M. Fischer. Useless person.

14. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm reminded of a famous reply from Max Planck (German phycisist).
    When asked how he managed to convince his opponents, he answered that he did it mainly by outliving them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I still think outbursts like these are the last death-throes of the opponents. As gay rights move forward, their retorts get ever more shrill and unreasonable. which gives a lot of fireworks, quotes, and videos, but gets increasingly shrugged away by the vast majority of people.

Doesn't mean we should stop pushing, but I highly doubt this is a serious threat.

15. Mad Man L

I was smacked when I was a young person, didn't do me any harm. Better than the parents who couldn't define 'discipline' even if they had a dictionary definition tattooed to every part of their body.

When will the social conservatives go away? :bang:

16. ezkill

Whether spanking or not is child abuse is clearly subjective and dependent upon opinion -- we clearly have users here who have been spanked and turned out fine.

Other than that, which is a controversial issue in and of itself... this dude is not very smart... How much money do we waste on legislation that can't even be enforced?

17. Emberstone

when evolution finishes breeding them out?

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People like him deserve to be committed to the insane asylum. :slight_smile:

19. Porphyrogenitus

lol, never. The only thing that will happen is that the content of social conservatism will change.

20. Psymark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For the better? :confused: