1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DADT to be Executed!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by No One, Sep 19, 2011.

1. No One

Yes!!!!

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. tiredofsleep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If this wouldve happened a few yrs ago id probably be in the military right now... oh well one more yr and i graduate and im outa here anyway. Still great news,now its up to those of us serving to make a good impression... im sure they will...

4. Emberstone

and like voldemort, the people who created DADT were most threatened by 'LOVE', for it was the one thing clearly they could not truly understand, and therefore, can never understand its power... that is why those same people tended to be in the 'lets ban harry potter from school libraries' camp.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone seeing any form of resemblance between the Wizarding World and Muggles, and us LGBT and the straight world? And just as there are normal understanding people who probably wouldn't care if there were wizards, there are people like the Death Eaters who are either gays in secret or just regular people who want to destroy us?

Same could be said with mutants. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Tracy Lord

>It is dead, once and for all.

I don't think so. From what I understand, it could be reinstated by a future congress/president. I think this is why the Log Cabin people are pushing really hard to get it declared unconstitutional, so some future Michelle Bachmann can't change it back.

7. Zontar

Don't be so pessimistic; it's as good as dead. That's the same with any law. To avoid what you're referring to would require an entire constitutional amendment.

There goes my draft excuse. =p

8. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You know, I was sitting by myself at the watchdesk at my volunteer fire dept. Tuesday night and realized that Tuesday was the day that DADT officially ended. As I read some newspaper articles on the subject, it really struck me that if the military finally went ahead with ending the ban, then the need for gay people to stay in the closet has greatly diminished now more than ever. So I'm really re-thinking my habit of censoring myself or using euphemisms or half-truths when I tell people about what I do outside of work. Especially people who I know are conservative and/or homophobic- they might as well know because my being gay is a significant part of me. It seems weird to anyone if I don't reveal that part of myself in casual ways that any normal, sane person would. So out of the closet I come!