1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14-Year-Old Boy, Commits Suicide After Gay Bullying

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Bowie, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Bowie

I skimmed through the threads in the last few days and couldn't find this, so I'll assume it hasn't been posted yet.

This is very tragic.

Jamey Rodemeyer, 14-Year-Old Boy, Commits Suicide After Gay Bullying, Parents Carry On Message (VIDEO)

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

How terrible. I always cry when I read about these.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    UGH, this pisses me off!

4. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

im literally crying right now, and i don't even know why. i didn't know jamey, but for chrissakes, he was just a kid. i cant get over it, he was JUST A KID.

5. Kanen

And yet another September child. :frowning2:

6. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

:/ I hate how people can be so ignorant and bully someone to such a point. This really pissed me off. :frowning2: may he rest in peace <3

7. Emberstone

I suspect the anti-gay assfucks who perpetuate and support bullying by being bullies themselves are already preparing their "we had nothing to do with it" speeches already. I bet they keep form speeches ready so they can do their "fuck them for being gay, it is there fault they are being bullied." bullshit like maggie slutagher, fuckingfuck fuck fuckity fuckity (aka, tony perkins), and all the other shitbrained fuckholes who fight any and all efforts to stop bullying in our schools.

8. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is soooo tragic. Words can't express how disgusting it is when people treat other people like such shit they actually KILL themselves. The teachers and school staff have got to take this seriously and stop the bullshit that goes on in the halls and everywhere in schools. I'm so sorry for this poor kid and his family :frowning2:

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow... People need to begin to realize how much the bullying hurts people..
    Something needs to be done about this.

10. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I almost bawled when I read about this. I feel so awful for this poor kid's parents. And the worst part is that I'm sure certain elements will use the "it's just kids being kids" line of b.s. that they've used before. I just...excuse me. :tears: (I'm serious, I really started crying there).

And to Jamey: I don't know if there's a heaven or not, but if there is, I know you're there. I'm sorry life was so brutal for you, but at least you aren't in pain anymore and you will be remembered. (*hug*)

11. LikeMyCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was a bullied child. I felt suicidal. I told my school counselor. He said "Don't worry about it, everyone feels that way at some point" and sent me back to class. What, was I not worth saving, asshole?
    In spite of such things I persevere. There is too much good in life to let "them" win.

12. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

And did you hear what has happened? On AC360 it was said the what should be done to prevent this (nothing we haven’t heard already a billion times) is have anti-bullying programs in schools with emphasis on targeting anti-homosexual bullying BUT some group (I think it was “Focus on the Family”) say that that will just show the children who take part in these workshops that homosexuality is okay. It will continue to show kids at younger and younger ages that homosexuality is acceptable and breed homosexuals or something of that nature.

So. We’re back at square one.

Man. I wish I could hug every suicidal kid right now and protect them from their pain...stuff like the incident in question make me want to become a teacher just to be there for kids who hurt

13. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Not again, this has to stop I bet for ever reported suicidal there is at least 3 that are not. The line "sticks and stones my break my bone but words can never hurt me" is complete BS words can hurt deeper then any stone and if some body breaks your body and shorts slurs, your body will heal faster then your mind. Mental and emotional hurt take long to heal then physical hurt.

14. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I hear stuff like this it really saddens me. What a hateful place this world can be. That someone is bullied so much they end up taking their own life...

15. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kids are ass holes. I hope the people that bullied this poor kid remember his face for the rest of their lives.

16. WydenEmmie

Out Status:
    A few people
    So sad...May he Rest in Peace <3

17. Jim1454

I was so sorry to learn about this today. His parents are remarkable people to be able to talk about this so calmly such a short time after his death. I suppose it's given them a purpose in what would otherwise seem to be a pointless existence in the absence of their son.

It's because of situations like this that I will keep coming back to this forum. I'll keep providing a message of hope and I'll keep offering encouragement to those who are suffering. It isn't enough that my life is working out OK for me - I need to DO SOMETHING to help those that are less fortunate.

It just makes me so sad...

18. RaeofLite

The sad thing is some people don't care. They enjoy hurting others. They are the ones that are seriously messed up in the head.

19. smallhammy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish teenagers who bully people would get a life! No matter who or what a person is we a humans have no right going round telling other people how to live their lives. We are all individuals. Only one mould per person and if you don't like what you see tough...they broke the bust when we were made..we are who we are and your not going change it. But people try to manipulate people to fit the 'normal' way of life. But if everyone was the same it would be a very boring world :frowning2:

20. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh, this makes me sick... :icon_mad: