1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rangers' Avery accuses Flyers' Simmonds of anti-gay slur

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/09/27/sp-nhl-phi-la-simmonds.html

2. Mr.Pushover

Media-whore written all over.

3. Eric

I love Sean Avery. He's very gay-friendly as a player, which leads to occasional speculation that he himself is gay. I almost feel like his fellow players know something we don't, because this isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened. Another player last year made an obscene hand gesture toward him and was suspended as a result. I'm not in the business of speculating, though, and Sean Avery used to date Elisha Cuthbert. 'Nuff said, right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I still absolutely adore him as a player. He's gotten better in terms of not being a distraction to his team, and he seems to have learned to manage his anger much more effectively.

The irony in this situation, assuming it's true, is that Simmonds was a victim of racism in a previous game (played in London, Ontario) when a fan threw a banana at him.
    /isprettyobviouslyahockeyfan,thankyouverymuch