1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rick Santorum Busted On Arguments Against Gays In The Military As Same Used Against B

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Kanen, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Kanen

I'm warning you now, Fox News. But that's probably why I find this video so interesting. The interviewer - I forget his name - rips Santorum apart. I was seriously like "WTF?!" I thought I had strayed into an alternate reality.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCXgFc5It5c&feature=feedu_more[/YOUTUBE]

2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Rick Santorum Busted On Arguments Against Gays In The Military As Same Used Again

He's so stupid it makes my brain hurt. Sometimes I really worry that these are the people who want to become the most powerful man/woman on earth.

3. Kanen

Re: Rick Santorum Busted On Arguments Against Gays In The Military As Same Used Again

Agreed. It wasn't so much what Santorum said that made me want to post that, but what the interviewer said.

4. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I loled when he trapped him like that

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I think this man is a complete idiot...I mean I don't care if the civil rights movement of segregation maybe is a little different (to those who believe it's the same, I concur EXCEPT we've never been subjected to slavery that's the probably primary difference...), the fact is the interviewer was stating, and Santorum basically said close quarters all that....it's just like....there is no difference. You just said a soldier shouldn't be with someone they're uncomfortable with, and that's EXACTLY how it was back in the time of racial segregation, soldiers didn't want to room with black people....and now maybe its that way for gay people, fact is I see no difference. So Rick can go drop out now because he has no chance of winning.

6. Emberstone

Santorum never was a viable canidate for the 2012 republican presidential primary.

About the only reason bachmann is, is because she tied herself from the start to the tea party, a anti-historical movement of people who dont have any viable ideas for fixing the economic mess as what they profess we should do is a sizeable chunk of what got us here in the first place.

otherwise, there would have been little difference between a bachmann and a santorum campaign.

Chris Wallace is one of the few fox news personalities who can be fair and balanced, though it is still fairly rare. I was not surprised that he was holding santorum's feet to the fire on this, because he has the ability to argue both sides to make interviews interesting.

7. djt820

Me too actually. Holy crap.

8. Mr.Pushover

Awesome.

9. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I love how he called Rick on his crap, but it really annoyed me that Chris kept calling him Senator. He isn't a senator anymore. He was bounced out of Pennsylvania over six years ago, big time.

10. RedState

Once you are in you always keep the title (as long as you were not expelled by the legislative body or convicted in an impeachment trial)...just like we still call former Presidents "Mr. President"...is simply a showing of respect for the office.

Chris Wallace has always been a pretty hard nosed interviewer, regardless what side of the political isle his subject is a member of.

But he makes a good point in the interview. The fact of the matter is that the same arguments were made about the integration of the Armed Forces, and I'm sure the same arguments were made when women were allowed to join. History has shown these arguments to be unfounded, as will be the case with DADT.

11. Raeil

First reaction to "Santorum busted on arguments against gays in the military:"
    WOO!!
    First reaction to "Fox News:"
    ????
    Notice it's Chris Wallace:
    Ohhh, that's why Fox News is calling people out!

Also, I'm shocked Santorum can say with a straight face that there are studies which suggest sexuality is behavioral only. If he could give me three studies which were published in nationally recognized medical/psychological journals, which suggested that homosexuality was solely environmental/behavioral, I'd give him a medal... and if he couldn't, I'd remind him what his last name means now. :slight_smile:

12. No One

Name 1 person who has "come out" of homosexuality. Ridiculous. Love the interviewer though.

13. Emberstone

I would also mandate that all three are peer reviewed to ensure the methdology was sound, and that the results were not pre-created.

14. Raeil

Hmm, I thought being published in the nationally recognized medical/psychological journals automatically implied that peer review had taken place. Still, I meant to imply peer review, as that's kind of the whole validating factor behind science.

15. Mogget

There are a lot of people who claim to have done so. Most of them will, however, on closer inspection, admit that they've succeeded only in suppressing their same-sex thoughts and urges, not in actually becoming heterosexual. But some of them do claim to have become completely straight. And there's no real way to disprove them.

16. seeksanctuary

But GLBT people were subjected to the Holocaust, which is pretty damn terrible, too. Every community, race and culture has had a dark age and that is something we need to use as common ground.

Anyhow.

Yay on the interviewer.

17. Rinamir Mortem

18. Emberstone

White people have the dark ages of Hank Williams Jr.

Rick Santorum is a mouthpeice for ironicly anti-jesus christians.

Christ lived under the rule of the romans, who accepted homosexuality as a normal aspect of human sexuality. Yet christ never once in the bible, or any text not included in the bible, ever talks about homosexuality. Instead, he embraces all the people viewed as sinners, and called on his followers to have love and compassion for all...

...and yet right wing christians never shut up about homosexuality, and spend a sizeable majority of their time in expressing their faith by useing it to punish others, instead of being christ-like, and embracing all with love and compassion, and dictated by jesus.

Rick Santorum is as much a christian as I am a man with a 14 inch penis... which I do not have, so sorry to size-queens :slight_smile:

19. Hot Pink

I really hate that fakey smile he has on his face the entire interview.