1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitt Romney Supports 'Partnership Agreements,' Not Marriage, For Gay Couples

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/11/mitt-romney-gay-marriage_n_1004831.html

2. Paper Heart

The saddest thing is that this is the best option the GOP is gonna give us...

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that is pretty sad. Although I'm not sure the really religious evangelicals will settle for him. Time will tell I guess. Although the GOP field looks pretty bad this time around.

4. steel03

That sounds like a roommate contract.

5. DarkClarity

Partnership agreement? Don't they have civil partnerships in Massachusetts?

6. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Its so obvious he's trying to get the gay vote. "They'll see me as moderate." If/Once he's president the Mormon Mitt Rom will pop out and say he never agreed to that.

7. Mogget

IDK...it's hard to gauge where Romney really stands on most issues. When he was Governor of MA he was fairly liberal and progressive, once he wanted to be President, he suddenly became conservative. Which Romney we'd see in office is not really answerable.

8. roborama

Actually in MA we have marriage :slight_smile:

9. ANightDude

Massachusetts has had Same Sex Marriage legal since '04, first state to do it.

Romney just... confuses me.... better him than Herman Cain or Perry. His stance on almost everything confuses the life out of me. As governor he did one thing, and as candidate. he's suddenly different. I bet that if he's elected, he'll be totally different from what we'd expect.

10. Emberstone

yah. perry just doesnt seem mentally together, and cain's plans for the taxes will increase the average taxes on the middle class by thousands of dollars, while giving the coorporations (who do not have a history of job creation when they are getting tax cuts, only when they lose the tax cuts) an easier ride without requiring them to exert any effort on their parts in any compacity.

11. RedState

Well, remember, that in the end corporations don't pay their taxes...we do...though their consumer prices.

And if you have a solar panel manufacturing company, and contribute a hefty amount to the Re-Elect or the bother-in-law to Rep. Pelosi (D-Alcatraz) you can get a risk free loan from the tax-payers...sounds like my kind of outfit.

Ember, I think we should go in that business...either that, or should a Republican win the Presidency I'll put in a good word for you..maybe you could be the Ambassador to Zimbabwe, or Canada...or some other Mexican country.

I've got your back.

Your Pal,
    RedState

#11 RedState, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011