1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iowa Senate vote could re-spark gay marriage issue

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.dailyiowan.com/2011/10/13/Metro/25407.html

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn it....this just pisses me off....I'm just so sick of this whole back and forth.

3. J Snow

Being an Iowan myself, this makes me really disappointed. I'm sure my mother would be thrilled though. I don't think she's ever been more disappointed in her state then the day we legalized gay marriage...

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's very disappointing to read. I hope this isn't the case. I think we all want to see more states legalizing a human right, not backtracking on what they already decided.

5. Adam

Probably have to wait and see what happens with the Prop 8 ruling in the supreme court, if it will even be constitutional or not to take away rights that were already given.

6. steel03

I live in Iowa too, and as unfortunate as this is, I'm not sure exactly how likely it is. It would take a very big effort to get an amendment through. They've been saying that from the start. Even with more support behind it, it would be a huge push, I don't know that there's enough of a following to make it happen.
    But I suppose California's gay marriage law went a little haywire, so we'll see.

7. Olive

Why can't people just realize that gay marriage is only going to hurt the people trying to take our rights away?