1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WBC to Picket Cupertino High and Steve Jobs' Funeral

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by factwithinfiction, Oct 15, 2011.

1. factwithinfiction

Alright, the Steve Jobs funeral I can understand (because they're stupid and that's what they do) but as alumni of Cupertino High, I don't even understand why protest a school that has NO relevancy to anything. There's nothing there to even protest! Steve Jobs didn't even go to that school! This is what they have to say:

“Cupertino High School in Cupertino, CA October 19, 2011 8:00 AM - 8:45 AM

Cupertino, CA is in silicon valley. When you say that, you get images of fullness of bread and abundance of idleness! A little work and a lot of play and excess. Some nerdy people possessing ONLY what God loaned them for a very short while, have stolen God’s glory and given it to themselves. They will not thank or praise God for his blessings.”

Its really too bad they're doing it at 8am cause if God knows anything about my glory its that I like to sleep and not have to wake up for such idiotic things.

#1 factwithinfiction, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  2. DarkClarity

WBC = Fucking morons.

Seriously they're a disgrace to true christians.

3. J Snow

They protested at a high school in my town once because they did a play about a gay student who was killed. Looking back I really wish I had counter protested it even though I went to a different high school.

4. Mogget

"Fulness of bread and abundance of idleness" is a reference to Ezekiel 16:49, one of my favorite Bible verses. If they're being biblically consistent, they're not protesting gays, for once, but the failure of Silicon Valley to champion the cause of the poor and needy.

5. Vesper

Those obnoxious, litigious, publicity-seeking real life trolls. Where's the Troll-B-Gone?

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That actually sounds like a respectable cause.

Anyways, another day another WBC picket. Is anyone really shocked? Everyone seems to get so angry and upset about this... I've become a bit desensitized to them...

7. starfish

Wasn't Steve Jobs' funeral last week?

8. Hot Pink

They only keep doing this stuff because people keep reacting to it. They enjoy the attention. Don't feed the trolls.

9. crystaltriforce

did anyone else notice that the tweet announcing the Steve jobs funeral was sent via iphone?

10. Tiny Catastrophe

I wonder if they are aware of how absolutely ignorant and stupid they look. I mean they're heads are so far up their asses I don't even know how they function.