1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends of gay teen hope his death puts an end to school bullying

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Friends+teen+hope+death+puts+school+bullying/5583423/story.html

2. Just Adam

Sadly im not sure any amount of needless deaths would stop hateful small minded people.

3. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If bullying was happening to my friends with parents who are divorced...they would find a way to stop it in less than a month.

4. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm starting to think that the only way to save kids is taking them out of school, and home school them. If they are relentlessly bullied every single day, how can you force them to go to school? these kids go through hell on a regular basis. Changing schools will not help either, you find evil people, bullies, in every single school. Taking them out of school and home schooling them is a good option I think. Yes, it's not optimal, but who cares if it can help save your son or daughter?

5. FoxFire11

Yeah but they shouldn't have to pulled out of school. schools need to get their shit together and deal with bulling. Rather than keeping their respective heads in the sand.

6. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    wrong...I think the BULLIES should be pulled out of school...and all the gang bangers too. Taxpayers pay for schools...and good kids pay for bullies...we pay with our happiness...so I went broke and don;t pay anymore...we stick together and most of the times bullies look for ppl who do not hang in groups...and we have str8 and gay ppl in our group...we just do not show everyone how we feel...we do talk about it a LOT!

7. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I hate bullies, my tax money will pay for their jail cells. Also another unneeded death of a young teen because some single-minded simpleton breeder can't wrap his small brain around the fact that some people are different

8. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel sorry for haters...they will never know the joy I feel being with my friends who love me for who I am...it is their loss. Almost all of my friends are "likers". They like people...I get and give a lot of hugs and it is not a sexual thing...it's a like/love thing.

I love puppies and back rubs!!!!

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem is that a significant portion of the bullies are themselves gay. Another portion of them have parents who are bigots and assholes, so it's nearly impossible to get the bullies to behave appropriately because the parents don't support the behavior the school is trying to promote. And in some schools, the staff and administration itself is bigoted.

So it's a multi-pronged problem. Homeschooling might be the answer for some, but laws and policies that make it clear that schools must be places of tolerance are also an important part of the solution. And then having the resources to ensure that those laws are enforced. We've made great strides in the US in eliminating discrimination based on ethnic identity (at least as far as African-Americans go, not so much toward middle eastern people yet) and I think we'll get there with LGBT people as well, but it will take time.

10. Bran1977

Bran1977 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    and then there is all the hate shit people learn at churches....so much for religious fake god love...it ain't for me and my friends....they just say what they say to get money from people....money is there real god...