1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religious leader wants apology on Cuomo’s gay-marriage remarks

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://polhudson.lohudblogs.com/201...wants-apology-on-cuomos-gay-marriage-remarks/

2. Emberstone

I want a apology from the reverend for infringing upon my consitutitonally mandated right to be free from religious interference in my goverment.

3. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Why do bigots always go for the 'patriotism' excuse? First of all, the Founding Fathers were deists. Second, patriotism is supporting the American 'spirit,' the idea that we all work together to make this country what it is. If you don't want to religiously officiate LGBT wedding ceremonies, fine. They'll find another church (building or denomination) that is more accepting.

4. Nomad187

religion and intelligence do indeed seem to be mutually exclusive

5. Vesper

This is akin to using a baby as a shield. How could you kill a baby? These idiots like to use patriotism and family as shields to defend against having to face any challenges to their beliefs.

Sorry, but wrapping yourself in the American flag and accusing other people of not being patriotic enough or attacking your patriotism rings hollow to me.