1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canada - Rick Mercer's Rant: Teen Suicide

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fintan, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Fintan

Rick Mercer's Rant: Teen Suicide

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OvtBa2FK8[/YOUTUBE]

I like Rick, he can be a bit off the wall at times, but this is a good Rant of the Week. I think he has a good point too... there are many in leadership positions who are known in their respective fields to be gay but they are not publically "out". If you follow Canadian politics/pop culture its pretty obvious who exactly he is pointing at too ^^

2. British Lad

British Lad Guest

wow, he is pissed, and rightly so, let get the police involved and crush it now, As he was saying 300 kids is 300 to many. homophobic bullying need to be crush and stopped now, not tomorrow, not next week, not next year, NOW!

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sigh I really need to start jumping on stuff more...said this ages ago (about doing something not just saying "it gets better") lol...but that's what i get for waiting.

4. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Rick is amazing, and it's nice seeing him make a video like this. This is actually heartfelt. It's pretty clear he's making it from his heart, unlike the homophobic bigots that are the conservatives.

I agree that we need to stop bullying. The it gets better campaigns are not helping, and it would be a good idea if it could start with the people running the country (that includes Evangelical Harper) to come out and support LGBT people instead of doing everything they can to oppose equality and quietly support the attitudes in society that LGBT people are less worthy and second class citizens. If would be nice for them to actually come out and say they support and love everyone, every Canadian, and that INCLUDES the LGBT people, and they should show it by actions too, by starting to support equality and gay marriage.

5. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree with him.