1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election Threatens To Undo Spain's Gay Marriage Law

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=9920&MediaType=1&Category=24

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    UGH WHY CAN THEY NOT LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE?! It's so annoying...

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its what governments do.

4. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be honest Gay marriage is the least of Spain's issues at the moment and I think the future Prime Minister would be a fool to reverse the Act. Spain and Europe are sitting on the edge of Economic uber badness. Just think of how much a wedding costs, gay or straight, and just think of how much money he would lose if he eliminated a chunk of that income!

5. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    I'm in Spain right now, and I 100% agree with Silas99 there are bigger problems. Also it doesnt seem to be a big deal here. I see same sex couples holding hands and kissing on the streets just like hetero couples. Nobody even looks their way. It's been to long to reverse it. It's normal here

6. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Spain has far bigger problems then the possible repeal of gay marriage.

7. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with this. I was in Madrid this past summer, and I saw many gay couples, kissing and holding hand.. nobody thought twice about it. It's just so normal down there. The funny thing is.. the first thing I saw on tv in my hotel room was a program about Spaniards marrying people from other countries.. anyway, there was this gay couple with the most adorable baby ever. They were great parents! The program just treated them as all the other couples in this program. It's such a normal part of life down there, they couldn't care less about people's sexuality.

I guess it's possible that the marriage law can be reversed, but I have a hard time seeing that happening... I don't know, it just seems so normal and accepted now. But yeah.. maybe I'm just naive. I know there are evil people out there who always look at us as second class citizens and less worthy human beings.. there's ALWAYS someone who wants to take our rights away. I certainly hope it won't happen, but you never know.. I guess I'm just naive thinking it won't happen. Only time will tell I guess. But I'm hoping it won't come to that, for all my fellow gays in Spain. I love Spain and I love Spaniards, I love the Spanish culture.. I love the open society. My god, I love Spain! I hope for yours sake that they won't take away your rights, well, I always consider Spain more civilized than stripping a minority of their rights. You have been such a great example for many countries all over the world in accepting LGBT people as equal, and I hope it won't stop now. Going back to what it was before the gay marriage would be such a shame. Spain has come a long way these last few decades. Lets hope the potential new government won't disappoint me!

8. MusicMan12

No disrespect to anyone or anthing, but when I first read the title of this thread I thought it said "erection" instead of "election". :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I was like, whaaaatt?? but then I reread it haha :lol: