1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is... surprising :)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Keelin, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Keelin

2. seeksanctuary

I wish all those people lived in one area so I could live there. P_P

3. Aelphaba1234

Awesome!! That's excellent news, I had no idea.

4. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thing is, there are still people who believe that transpeople should have legal protection but dislike/pity them in their normal lives :/

5. grimAuxiliatrix

This is an awesome improvement to society!

6. anatta

Hold up:

Transgendered covers androgynous people, questioning people, genderqueer etc. as well. According to a recent article, most LGBT youth in homeless shelters identify as genderqueer. One homeless gay youth in NYC said he'd been told by numerous employers he was "too feminine" to get the job. All the time transgendered rights only covers transsexual rights, and not the whole gender spectrum, this will continue.

I've heard many people say feminine men "should get a sex change" without considering that a) they might in fact be transsexual and want one but can't get one or b) why should they?

Some people only support transsexual rights because they perceive transsexuality as an attempt to conform to gender expectations. Even most transsexuals don't benefit from this kind of 'support', because until and unless they transition they are not perceived as transsexuals but as 'sissy boys' or 'butch girls' anyway, and get exactly the same abuse.

#6 anatta, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012