1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stroke turns Rugby player gay!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by zzzero, Nov 8, 2011.

1. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Zontar

I'm actually at a loss for words. Let's entertain two possibilities here: that the man had a genuine change in orientation, or simply a life-changing near death experience.

Can stroke theoretically change sexual orientation? To answer this, I think we'd need to know what causes sexual orientation to begin with, and so far, no scientist could point out a single region of the brain that can switch homosexuality on or off like that. Now, strokes cause a multitude of bizarre effects, however these effects are more destructive than altering. For example, there's a phenomenon called Foreign Accent Syndrome following an ischemic event; it'd probably be more appropriate to say their speech is garbled or motor skills impaired rather than them picking up new accents.

Therefore, I personally would be more inclined to believe that a stroke's impact on sex life is more likely to be destructive rather than altering. That is, if anything, a stroke would be far more likely to cause sexual arousal disorders than outright homosexuality.

That being said, I do know there's nothing that can happen up there that makes you want to accept your new, foreign, uncomfortable sexuality rather quickly and become a (rather stereotypically gay) hairdresser. The next thing you know, I'll be reading reports of ischemic events causing pilots to want to become comedians, or businessmen to become truck drivers. Was that the stroke or was that just a near miss that puts things in perspective?

My verdict? The man had a near-death experience after throwing it under the rug for so many years. Life is only so short and he was wasting it with people he don't even wanna fuck. Good for him, he's finally being what he wanted to be the whole while.

(Oh, and he's much hotter now. :grin:)

#2 Zontar, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  3. Ben

Ben

Something must have gone wrong with him if he sold his story to the Daily Mail.

4. Emberstone

am I the only one who misread stroke to mean a guy stroking him made him realize he was gay?

5. Hot Pink

I think that he was gay all along, but used the stroke as an excuse.

Yes.

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I love you.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds like the plot for a bad romantic comedy.

8. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    No one should give a shit about what the Daily Fail has to say about anything.

9. RedState

yeah...Vitto said the same thing about his blood pressure medication in "The Sopranos"...Tony didn't buy it either.

10. Drowzee64

I would stream it so I could watch it with my online friends, and we would invent a drinking game for it. (We wouldn't actually drink though)

11. RaeofLite

I'm guessing he was gay the entire time, and USED the stroke as a scapegoat attempt to come out to his family and girlfriend so they don't feel so bad and he is 'off the hook' so to speak.

Sorry, just seeing it that way...

12. Meropspusillus

13. Rooni321

Hmm I don't know. I don't think gayness has anything to do with the brain being jacked up. He must be a fake omygawdd.

14. qboy

Or, as many people who have gone though such life changing events have found, is he took a look at his life and realised he had been given a second chance and decided to live it to it's fullest and stop hiding who he really is.

Now to rid the internet history of the Daily Whail....

15. Ridiculous

Alright, now all we have to do is figure out how to give all our straight crushes strokes...

(Yes I know it is an insensitive joke)

16. Doctor Faustus

Insensitive possibly, but secretly I feel this is an excellent idea. We should start an LGBT conspiracy! :badgrin:

17. Aeon Magus

^^ Haha... and just what will you call this LGBT conspiracy? Stroke of Genius (or Stroke of Gayness, whichever sounds more plausible)?

On to the Stroked Rugby Player... either the stroke was real, or he faked it.
    In the case that it was a real stroke, it really did make him change his sexual orientation. Which is kind of sad, considering him and the girlfriend were in a relationship before it happened. Imagine it - your partner telling you that it's over because he/she had a stroke. :confused:
    And then, in the case that he faked this stroke business, I have to agree to some degree that he's been meaning to come out of the closet. He wanted there to be reason or cause for him to alter his current life to one he desires more.

Who knows... it may all just be for publicity.

18. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Didnt you know? Its called the "Gay Agenda"!

19. Doctor Faustus

:roflmao: