1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know of any good articles about biphobia?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aya McCabre, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Aya McCabre

This week I am aiming to post at least one article about biphobia on my facebook page every day. Some of my friends have been saying things which are hurtful, even though many of them have close friends who are bi or pansexual (sometimes they were even in the room at the time). I don't think they realise how hurtful or excluding their comments are, so I'm hoping to spread some information and change some attitudes.

To that end, does anyone have an good articles about bisexuality and biphobia (or pansexuality/phobia - the definitions overlap enough that the principle applys to both) that they would like to share? Since a lot of the comments I've heard were from lesbians saying they would never date bi girls, I'm specifically looking for articles that address the misconceptions leading to this stance.

So far I have shared this article: The Bisexual Index | What is Biphobia?

I'm captioning each link with "This week I am posting about biphobia, because some of my friends need to hear this."

If anyone wants to join me in posting links for their friends to read, it could potentially go a long way if people read them. I'll keep posting my links here as I find them.

2. Aya McCabre

3. Hot Pink

I struggle to see the problem with bisexual people. I don't know why so many people in the gay community seem to have a problem with them.

4. In The Clouds

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know! Some people think they're just gay people in the closet or that bisexuality just donsen't exist. Including my parents.:dry:

5. Mogget

Google Dan Savage bisexuality. You'll get a ton of stuff. Savage has improved somewhat in recent years, but he's historically been very hostile towards bi guys, less so towards bi women.

6. Aya McCabre