1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lgbt group

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by firemaker13, Nov 24, 2011.

1. firemaker13

I want to get one started, a lgbt group, but anytime I talk to anyone about it feels there shooting me down. I am here to ask how can start a group when there ate no place to hold a meeting

2. Sadepeura

First you probably should find a place to hold meetings. It doesn't have to be a permanent place, but just something to get started with. Even a public place like a cafe could work? Or if you have an access to any meeting rooms or class rooms that you could book. :slight_smile:

And then you should think about who you want to come to your group, and therefore where you want to publicise it. And once you get a few other people to get interested they can help you. :slight_smile:

3. Doctor Faustus

Just as with reading groups, keep it on the same day and at the same time. That way there'll be some consistency and it'll be less likely that people will drop out. :slight_smile:

4. Emberstone

there is a sticked thread here in this forum that talks about how to start a GSA. That might be a good place to start.