1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bachmann: Gay people can marry - the opposite sex, that is.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Gallatin, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Gallatin

Michele Bachmann: Gay People Can Get Married -- But Only To Members Of The Opposite Sex

2. British Lad

British Lad Guest

[​IMG]
    Need I say more

3. Aeon Magus

If this were true, it'd give rise to organised swinger orgies. :confused:
    "You sleep with my wife, and I'll sleep with your husband".

That Bachmann woman needs a smack upside the head.

4. Aielar

Haha, yes what Aeon said lol.

5. Snowflake

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just watched a video of this and, once again, allowed her (and the people that were clapping possibly even more) to ruin my otherwise perfect morning with her royal stupidity.
    I really should stop doing that...

6. DarkClarity

My goodness this Bachman woman is such a stupid bitch.

7. Emberstone

maybe she wants to feel better about the fact that her husband exemplefies practically all of the stereotypes of a effeminante gay man in the closet.

Marriage is not a religious insitutiution. marriage is a institution religion created their own liteurgy and ceremony for well after the creation of the idea of marriage itself came into being. The church did not create marriage, they just attributed their own ideas ontop of a existing institution.

Given that religion is consitutitonally barred from interfering in our laws, marriage is a civil right, becuase no right can be granted to one citizen that is denied to another citizen.

given that marriage is a matter of two consenting adults, that invalidates the 'next people will marry children, dogs, and furniture' arguements, because a child is not a adult, a dog is not a human, and a furniture is inanimate, and therefore, cannot ever consent.

8. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I post on another forum sometimes, and there are a lot of homophobes that post this argument like it means something and I throw it right back in their face with two simple analogies.

If we have equality right now then I guess interracial couples were never discriminated against either, since they could have, you know, married a person of the same race like everyone else. They just had to follow the laws. That wasn't racism at all, that was equality!

Oh, and you know how Christians are killed in Iran for practicing their religion? They aren't being persecuted either! They can enter a mosque...like everyone else.

9. Pilgrim is hot

have to admit the republican race at the moment is really depressing me, all the candidates I have seen are morons and the worst thing is like snowflake said all the people who clap this. Seriously they really sit there and think "you know this hate spewing excuse for a human being really gets me, I think I shall have to clap her now" argh! -end rant- :dry:

10. MusicMan12

i NEVER use language like this, but if this bitch wins, i will seriously flip out. Out of all the republican candidates, she's the most full of complete shit. i am beginning to hate her with a passion.
    ......sorry i went a little over the top there, but she's really starting to get on my nerves.

11. J Snow

Bachman doesn't have a chance. Anybody with half a brain can tell how stupid she is.

12. Pilgrim is hot

tbh I'm hoping Obama wins the next election as all the republican candidates seem worse than bush (if that's possible) I just don't understand right wing politics at all :confused:

13. J Snow

I agree, except for Ron Paul. If he wins I'll seriously consider voting for him. If not, then I'll likely go third party or Obama. More likely third party.

14. Ridiculous

Haha if Michelle did become the US president, she would be so out of place in the meetings with all the other world leaders. They'd have to set up a special 'kids table' for her.

I always have found it strange though how elections in the US seem to be a popularity contest on the party leader rather than what the party policies are. All the news is about what the (potential) leader is doing.

15. Pilgrim is hot

Yeah I've always found it weird that it's not policies it's people, I wounder if there will ever be a LGBT prime minister or president of any country (i'm hoping so much some one will tell me that there is already one)

16. Ridiculous

Iceland has a lesbian prime-minister.

But of course the Scandinavian countries are far better than every other country in the world.

edit: I meant Nordic countries, not Scandinavian :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

#16 Ridiculous, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  17. Pilgrim is hot

yay (!) that just made my night, and yeah I agree they seem more tolerant and chilled

18. kris B

19. factwithinfiction

20. Skiel

Skiel Guest

I can totally imagine if this was during the precivil war era and Bachmann was running for president addressing the slavery issue. She would say something like, "Of course we must protect everyone's civil rights. It is not right to own slaves, but if you are black, then you are supposed to be a slave." just like how she is saying you can marry only if it is the opposite sex. Civil rights are about protecting everyone. If you can only guarantee rights to ppl of a certain demographic, then that's just discrimination. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. If Bachmann dies, I will start a facebook event to recommend everyone to THROW A HUGE PARTY ON THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD STREETS IN PUBLIC on the day of her funeral all across the US. :grin: