1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exodus International, Ex-Gay Christian Organization, Faces 'Social And Financial Obli

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by British Lad, Dec 3, 2011.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Exodus International, Ex-Gay Christian Organization, Faces 'Social And Financial Oblivion': Report

2. Doctor Faustus

Re: Exodus International, Ex-Gay Christian Organization, Faces 'Social And Financial

I have your signature in mind.

What morons.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Exodus International, Ex-Gay Christian Organization, Faces 'Social And Financial

You wonder if these ignorant bigots just *might*, maybe, begin to realize that they're misguided and full of shit. With such a number of former Exodus leadership people (including, I think, the organization's founder) saying they're gay and that orientation can't change... only the really, really ignorant can continue to put their head in the sand and pretend that what they're trying to sell simply isn't possible.

Amazing news that the tide is shifting and they're realizing it.

In other news, the Flat World Society is finally acknowledging that the world is actually round :slight_smile:

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Good, I hope they go bankrupt soon. The sooner the better. Hopefully lots of their staff come out to say what a sham it was. People should sue them for their money back since the "therapy" didn't work. When/if any of that happens I wish it would get more mainstream news attention so more people hear about it.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Karma is finally getting these people back for the harm they've caused. To be honest sometimes I wonder to myself, how long does it take for karma to decide when to come back at someone? I mean it seems the amount always varies :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: In this case like 40 years or something? Or however long they've been around. I'm just happy finally here we are. Now something just has to happen for the Mormon church and of course, WBC though in their case, it may have to be even a more serious type thing...moreso than just banning from a country. (and no I'm not talking physical harm just talking about something...)

6. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Well Karma its a Funny thing and works in its own time, and don't worry I may not apperate for a long time but when it hits it hurts like hell.

7. Emberstone

they took a major hit when their founders started to desert the group in the past few years, saying that it does not work, that it is dangerous and unhealthy, and it is damging to society. They are now acknowledging that though they dont approve of homosexuality, that it is not a choice.

seems that if we can keep them on that track, we might be able to convince them to be full allies when they realise you cant moralize something that is not a choice.

8. Falling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Are they really saying that it is not a choice now?

9. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

They haven't for quite a while. :/

10. Emberstone

Some have, but they don't usaually seem to want to move towards full equality.

11. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I agree and hope more come along on the path to equality. There will always be the fringe like wbc, but most everyone hates them. I really think these groups mostly don't want to give up their jobs. They created these groups that play on people's fears and lies that they helped to propogate for their financial gain. I can't wait for the day that the majority of the population feels the same disgust for pro-discrimination groups that most feel for the kkk.