1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Neutral Toilets

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Doctor Faustus, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Doctor Faustus

My university designated a block of toilets on-campus as gender neutral during Pride Week, which I thought was a brilliant idea. Hopefully this will be the case for the whole of LGBT History Month in February, and then maybe we will soon have a permanent block of them.

Are there gender neutral toilets near where you are? Have you thought about trying to get them installed, in your school, college, university, community, etc.?

I'd be interested to hear what people have to say on the matter.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! There is at least one bathroom in every building at my university with a gender-neutral bathroom. It's pretty cool. :slight_smile:

3. Tiny Catastrophe

I've never heard of that but that's actually a really cool idea.

4. jargon

My floor in the dorm I live in has one. I know some other dorms do, but this is the only one Im aware of on my campus. There are a couple in the campus center too, right accross from the room where our Alliance group meets.

Awesome to see that more schools are starting to go the extra mile! :slight_smile:

5. Fiddledeedee

I think that they're a great idea, but there are none in my school unless you count the disabled ones. I'm doubtful about how much they would be used if they were there, and don't intend to ask for them when I'm older. In the wider community, they are also useful for mothers/fathers with very small children of the opposite sex, and single fathers can have a problem in that there are often no baby changing stations in men's toilets. I wish that gender-neutral toilets were more widespread.