1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 year old talks to Michelle Bachman about his gay mom

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by MommaFrog, Dec 8, 2011.

1. MommaFrog

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Using children to promote anything is wrong. It's clear in the video that the kid was pushed by his mom to do that and get it on film. Kids shouldn't be forced into being involved in adult things. I'm sure he didn't understand who he was talking to. His mom was pressuring him into doing it in the video.

Michelle Bachmann is an idiot, but this looks bad on the LGBT community to use children, since some people in the world seem to think we take advantage of them

3. starfish

I didn't see that in the video. All I saw was the mom encourage the to say something he wanted to say. It doesn't take much for small child to get nervous. I've seen kids freeze up over much less.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like this either. My impression is he was told what to say, didn't really want to, then was pushed by his mom to say it.

If he had been confident and said it more spontaneously I could believe he really said it of his own conviction, but not this. This is what I was hoping for when I saw the headline on yahoo and, but when I saw the video I was really dissapointed.

It's better than teaching your kids to hate on GLBT people though.

5. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I disagree with the mother using the kid to say something.

On the other hand, her (Bachmann's) reaction was priceless.

6. Colton

I think he could have been pressured by his mom. But whether or not he was, doesn't seem like a big problem here. The problem I have is her reaction. What a :***:!