1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitt Romney and the Veteran

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Paper Heart, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Paper Heart

2. starfish

Res ipsa loquitur

3. pronua

I hate how pretty much every major candidate for 2012 is against gay marriage.

4. Cymbrii

go Obama <.<

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope Obama wins. People say he's at 43% but honestly I just hope he pulls a reach around victory....omg I just re-read that...omg....

6. Emberstone

all the polls show him ahead of all the republican canidates in one on one head to head races. mitt romney is the closest, but the republican party so far has proven to be anti-mormon, so he is not likely.

also, it should be noted that ronald reagon had a 38% approval rating, and still got relected.

approval ratings are not a good indicator mainly because it comes down to ideas, not approval ratings. so far, the american people still remain firmly anti-republican economic ideas, and pro-democratic economic ideas. ending the bush tax cuts for the wealthy elite still gets 65-75% approval in polls, meaning many republicans support it too, yet republicans still lie through their teeth that raising taxes on the rich (they are not job creators, and technically havent been for 70 years) is a job killer, yet cutting taxes killed jobs, and raising them under clinton forced job creation to happen if coorporations and the wealthy wanted to keep their profits going.

Romney has a hard slog to get the GOP to nominate him, and if he does, the only way he is going to get moderates and independents is by reverting to his moderate stances, which wont get him the presidency, because the hard core right wing will probably split, with some going third party.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh. Romney got owned. He thought he was sitting down with some nice stereotypical heterosexual veteran and told him what he thought the veteran would want to hear.

Nice that the veteran didn't back down and pushed him right into a corner. And the veteran's comments after Romney left were right on the money.

8. Emberstone

I need to find the msnbc interview with the veteren. I don't remeber which anchor it was with, but it was good.

9. RedState

Well, first of all, you need to understand the dynamics of polling. Nation-wide head to head match ups really don't mean crap...after all, nation-wide polling had John Kerry edging ahead of Bush in 2004. What really counts is the polling data in the key swing states that normally decide the Presidential outcome..and when you look at that data, it really paints a closer race...for example, one recent poll (I believe it was either Gallup or NBC/WSJ) that had both Romney and Gingrich ahead of Obama in Ohio and Florida.

Maybe you think that making $200-250K a year makes you part of the "wealthy elite"..I however don't think so.

And it's Reagan..not Reagon.

As far as the nomination...it is still a horse race between those two.

10. Cymbrii

man I just love that. "Why do you feel so strongly about this?" "BECAUSE I'M GAY!"

edit: XDDD If you turn on the automated captions, when he says "BECAUSE I'M GAY" the captions say "loved it". lmao x3

#10 Cymbrii, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  11. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I loved that answer! The comments are making me mad though :***: