1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marcus Bachmann will campaign against gays

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by EmptyClosets, Dec 20, 2011.

1. EmptyClosets

Admin Team Full Member

2. person54

sigh. I think that says a lot about how either ignorant or hateful he is. Out of all the other causes he could advocate for that are actually worthy of attention, this is what he considers most important.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    EmptyClosets itself posted this how interesting. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: As for the article, will the man just come out already?!

4. steel03

Must be pretty confusing to be him.

5. Cymbrii

wow I... ok, these people sound really stupid.

6. Emberstone

Well, fundiementalist christians like bachmann, (both marcus and michelle), palin, robertson, falwell, perry, etc... tend to have a negative view of reasoning and logic, which is why they are all fairly anti-science. We can't expect someone who believe the constitution mandates that only christans and those religions christians decide they will tolerate are allowed to practice in america, or that america was founded as a christian nation (which both the constitution and the founding fathers maintain it was not, nor was it meants to be one.)

I was watching an interesting episode tonight of 'the universe' that was asking the question "can science prove if God did or did not create the universe", and they had a moment where they had one commenter on a tv screen, which represented a deminsion with length and height, and was representing two deminsions, and standing in front of the computer screen was another commenter who had length by height by depth, representing three deminsions. the person on the tv screen could not see the person standing infront of the computer screen, but the person in the higher, three deminsonal state could experince the person in the 2d state.

the point I bring up is that people who have logic and reasoning live in a higher state of understanding than people who don't.

Asking Marcus bachmann to accept scientific or historical fact is pointless, because he has wrapped himself up in his own little world where he has refused to comprehend the full experince that exists around him.

This is why he and those like him cant see that science is showing that sexuality is not a choice, and that therefore, he has no moral, ethical, or cosntitutional right to deny gay people their equal rights.

think of it this way: the right wing anti-gay crusaders are the people who put gallaleo under house arrest for stating the fact that the earth revolves around the sun. The right wing Anti-gay crusaders are the people who mocked the idea of a sphereical earth, stating that the world is flat. The right wing anti-gay crusaders are people who do not like change, even if the undeniable facts are starring them in the face.

7. Cymbrii

My understanding of the anti-gay marriage argument was that it was a religious thing. Marriage began as a religious institution and translated into a legal one, and anti-gay marriage advocates want to keep their definition of marriage in a religious sense. If I'm understanding the argument properly, then most of these people wouldn't mind gay couples having legal rights usually reserved for marriage - they just don't want it to be marriage.

These people... are fine with the idea of churches doing same-sex marriages. They just don't want same-sex couples to get legal rights. What the fuck?

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of people thing Marcus Bachmann is a closeted fairy himself. From the videos I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised, and it's often the most deeply closeted people who are the most vehement in their hatred of gay people. So in that way, this doesn't surprise me in the least.

9. Cymbrii

Mind linking some of those videos? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. DarkClarity

My goodness these lot make the Tories look sane.

Attached Files:

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here you go. Yes, it's stereotyping and some people will object to that. But... really? This guy is straight? Watch his walk, listen to his talk, and watch his dancing... :slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]ADMgWXBzPwQ[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]DvJaxK8_T7w[/YOUTUBE]​

12. Emberstone

it should be noted that marriage as a conept predates even the earliest mentions in historical records of even judiasm. marriage has existed longer than modern religion has, because it grew as a matter of necessity, and not even a matter of procreation.

heck, the church was even preforming bonding ceremonies in the 1100's between two men (I think one of such ceremonies bonded a saint with another saint): Adelphopoiesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. Cymbrii

That barbarians quote.

Just.. holy shit.

I am speechless.

I don't even know if I'm pissed off or if I'm just dumbfounded at how stupid this man is.