1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay couple receive letter of congratulations from Obama

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by EmptyClosets, Dec 21, 2011.

1. EmptyClosets

Admin Team Full Member

2. seeksanctuary

"Talking to ABC News, Katz said that a family friend had requested the letter on their behalf when she heard the White House would be taking requests upon the passing of the New York bill."

He was doing what he said he'd do. :] Nothing wrong with that. I think it's nice of Obama...

Though I wish he'd just legalize gay marriage on a federal level, or at least openly state he supports gay marriage. I understand why he isn't doing so, and I am thankful for the support he DOES give the GLBT community... I just wish more could be done.

3. grimAuxiliatrix

Oh god this is amazing! Now If only my state could legalize gay marriage, I would like to get married someday.

4. Zontar

Obama's doing as much as he can without committing political suicide. It's pretty obvious he supports gay marriage, even if he admits he doesn't to stay politically viable.