1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian couple share first gay kiss at US Navy homecoming

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by EmptyClosets, Dec 22, 2011.

1. EmptyClosets

Admin Team Full Member

2. person54

yay!! great for them and I'm so glad that no one involved caught any flack for doing this.

3. Bibliophile

I am glad they were able to do this. Though Person you would be surprised how little people in the Navy really care about your sexual orientation. Especially if you are a lesbian. I served for six years four of which were with an openly lesbian female on my ship and the only issue anyone had with her was that she got the hottest girls when she went to the clubs with us.

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was reading comments on this on the daily mail site earlier today. A lot of the comments to start with were about how "sick" it was and how they're forcing their 'lifestyle' on everybody else. It still surprises me how a tradition that, from what I gathered, is practiced by thousands of Navy service members suddenly becomes unacceptable when it's a same-sex kiss. If anything, it's conformity rather than a deviation from the norm, but I guess bigots are just deluded bastards. :rolleyes: