1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kelly Clarkson endorses Ron Paul. :S

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tim, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Tim

Tim

2. BudderMC

I agree with you, that makes me lose a bit of respect for her, but why stop listening to her music? Iunno, maybe it's just that I don't care much for the politics or anything, but the way I see it their opinions and their music are separate things. If she started gay-bashing or something terrible in her songs, then that would be a different story...

3. Shevanel

I don't see why it matters at all or how it's news. I'm no fan of her, but she can do what she wants. What a horribly biased article by the way.

Just because she wants Ron Paul to be elected doesn't mean she believes in every single one of his views anyway.

Like I said, I'm no fan of her, but I find her to be a generally nice, talented person in a sea of shitty pop singers. I can't understand how anyone can let someone's political views put you off someone's music so easily. It's not like she's singing about it.

#3 Shevanel, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  4. Ridiculous

Not that I'm a fan either, but my problem with it is that she's being very double-standardy, calling people haters when they are pointing out that this Ron Paul person is making persecution of homosexuality a political platform. He's the horrible person, not us.

5. Doctor Faustus

6. Emberstone

Is she really even relevant anymore? You never hear about her anymore these days.

Now when Lady GaGa endorses Ron Paul, then we can talk... but I doubt she would, since she doesnt waste her time with stupid people... just stupid fashion choices such as raw meat.

7. Jonathan

Let her endorse him all she likes. Honestly, I don't see this having much affect on anything.

8. BudderMC

So I actually read the article (or the tweets I guess), and I'm not understanding the problem. Or, let me clarify: I see why people might get offended, but I feel like people are being overly touchy about this.

I could tell you which political party I generally go for here in Canada. Of the party leaders, I usually was a fan of the late Jack Layton. Why? He just seemed like a nice guy, and I agreed with a lot of the party's political stance.

That being said, I don't follow politics. I didn't watch out for everything he said. When I go to vote, I vote for someone who isn't a complete idiot and has a decent platform. He fulfilled those criteria for me.

I feel like she was unnecessarily attacked to some extent. It's easy to see why people would get offended if he is really as discriminatory as people say, but nowhere was it indicated that she follows his every move. If I could guess, I'd think a good chunk of people don't follow politics, and a good chunk of people don't follow the news that much either. I fall under both of those categories. So when things like "Ron Paul is being such a dick" come up here, I have to go do a little digging if I'm interested and really want to contribute with an opinion.

tl;dr -> You can have an opinion and not have it be a deep, researched, thought-out one.

9. Bibliophile

Ok wow other then the fact that I think its foolish to stop listening to a singer because you dont like their politics I have to comment on the whole Ron Paul hates gays and makes it a political platform statement.
    So where did you get that information? Let me guess some news site or a web artical and not the mans actual voting record. People act like the whole world has to love us and never say mean things about us for them to be ok. Fact is they dont. I dont trust people that say they love everyone because that is a pretty watered down meaning of love IMHO. Now back to my point just because Paul doesn't like homosexuality personally doesnt mean he hates us or is evil. He takes a live and let live approach to things which is honest and freedom loving as you can get. Guess what his voting record proves that.