1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Governor of Washington to support gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by kris B, Jan 3, 2012.

1. jsmurf

We technically already have gay marriage in everything but name in this state.

2. Emberstone

so much good news coming out of washington state. I was reading that the 9th circuit rejected NOM's appeal, and are being told they have no choice but to disclose their donors per campaign law. who wants to bet the majority of them were out of state, and extremely rich? I suspect that the donor list has very few people on it, which is why they are so determined to hide that fact.

3. subaru000

Here is the video of her in the conference held today explaining her position:[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJu6MA_wF7o&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

P.S.: There will be tears shed from watching it.

4. Katelynn

Just like in the 1960s & 1970s, the slow, inevitable progression of equal civil rights moves forward! As the baby boomers start to become less of a force in politics, we'll start to see more educated, well-informed & more tolerant generations start to step up & support LGBT rights until eventually, it wont even be an issue any more. I think maybe after another 15 or 20 years, things will be different on the political landscape & LGBT equal rights & gay marriage wont be such a debated & contested & controversial issue for voters, itll simply be something the voting majority will feel is simply the right thing to do.

On an unrelated note, if you wanna get gay marriage legal sooner, just have someone in Congress propose a law that says if you arent entitled to every right that a straight, caucasian, Republican American already has, then you shouldnt be made to pay the same amount in taxes. If you have less rights, you pay less income tax, period. I guarantee you, a lot of the homophobic majority will sooner see equal rights for LGBT people passed & enshrined in the Constitution/Bill Of Rights then to see a group of people getting a break on taxes they have no hope of getting. Especially with the economy being what it is these days. Simple solution, you make it about the homophobic majority's wallets, they'll cave pretty quick, I think...

5. kris B

Hey subaru000, thanks for posting the video.

And i like your Lating quotes :slight_smile:

6. person54

Wow, I've never heard such a concise but powerful argument for same sex marriage. She seemed really intelligent and understanding.

7. Fintan

Excellent video. Impressive Governor.

8. Emberstone

I heard on a local news channel earlier that a republican is joining the pro-marriage equality side in washington state, but I did not hear who because I had to go to class.

it is offically bi-partisian.

9. bytheseashore

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all