1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marriage debate in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by kris B, Jan 7, 2012.

1. kris B

2. Mogget

Comments are a mixed bag, which I suppose is encouraging.

3. Jerseyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Bahh I haven't heard anything good come about Christie but I never had any opinion...he needs to get over himself so gay marriage can get legalized already in NJ already, enoughs enough

4. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

It just baffles me that there is still a freaking debate!

5. Emberstone

Should we really take seriously Gov. Christie, who used a brand new multi-million dollar rescue helicopter to go watch one inning of his sons highschool baseball game, made more wasteful and corrupt by the fact that the taxpayers also had to pay for a car and driver to drive to the feild to pick him up, and drive him a few hundred feet to the stands, then when he left, drive him back to the helicopter, so he could take it back...

Can we really trust his judgement?

He should spend less time shitting on the right of his states citizens, and spend more time controlling his urge to waste tax payer money on abusing power.

6. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To be fair, that was medicaly necessary to ensure he didn't have a heartattack trying to move on his own.

7. Mogget

Can we refrain from fat shaming please?

8. needshelp

i'm not a fan of chris christie but i think you're a bit misinformed on that though. yeah, he did use a state police helicopter to go to his son's high school baseball game but at the same time, he was just trying to be a good father to his kid. he said that he chooses to be a father first over his job. i can't say that i wouldn't do the same thing if i was in his shoes especially considering that when i was growing up, my father wasn't around to do the same thing for me. he wasn't a deadbeat or divorced from my mom, they're still married. it's that he just didn't value all the time he could have spent with us and chose to waste it doing nonsense such as hanging with his friends if he wasn't at work. so i can't get mad at that.

#8 needshelp, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  9. Emberstone

so useing a rescue helicopter and a car, both on the states dime (a car is understandable if this was him representing the state in a offical function) to go to a highschool baseball game shows good leadership?

He basically commendered state property for personal use to attend a event that was not a offical function, and he was not in any way serving a offical compacity.

This is an example of his shit judgement and leadership. After blathering on about fighting wasteful spending, he uses state property as a personal toy.

10. Mogget

This thread is about same-sex marriage in New Jersey, not the governor's ethics. Let's keep on-topic.