1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teen Suicide on Glee...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by gleekfanatic, Feb 22, 2012.

1. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I did not get a chance to see last night's episode of Glee, but one of the main highlights was when recent out gay character Dave Karofsky attempted suicide...Here's the link to the article:

'Glee' Suicide Told the Truth Kids Need to Hear | The Stir

I don't know if there is a thread here about suicide, but this a really serious topic.

2. Jordash

I watched it. I sat on my couch crying my eyes out screaming "Please stop!" and "Don't do it!"
    Yeah....it was actually kind of scary.

3. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I didn't see the entire episode, and I don't have DVR, nor can I see it on Fox.com, but from the clip they had on Fox.com, I knew what they were doing. it was really intense from the few seconds they played of Dave just moments before the act, and I was like, "Holy shit! Glee is actually pulling something as serious and scary as this on tv!" I couldn't believe it. Then at the end of the clip, they show Quinn texting while driving (another teen issue) and her getting into a car accident. God, I hope she survived it...I'll wait til next week to see it... >.<

When The Trouble Tones performed "Stronger" I had a strange feeling that they were singing for Dave Karofsky...like maybe he had pulled off the act right before Regionals (or was it Nationals, I lost track). As for the Kurt/Blaine/Sebastian thing, I'm thinking Blaine was able to go, and that's why the Warbler's sang "Glad You Came"....hmmmm I guess I'll have wait and see...

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's funny cause some of this is what I talked about on the Glee thread. It HAD to go there and I'm glad it did.

5. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was definitely scary. I couldn't get the scenes out of my head all day and I kept replaying it over and over. I won't be watching it again for a long long time.

6. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree...

7. Emberstone

I suspected suicide was possible after the valentines episode.

I was more shocked by the car crash.

I am very glad that they did the suicide plotline. It was only a matter of time... I just wish they didnt deminish it with the cliffhanger at the end of the show.

8. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok now you guys are just spoiling it for me... :frowning2: oh well, it's to be expected lol

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been more than 24 hours hun, the non-spoiler period is more than over...

10. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to admit, I was the same way when I watched it. Very intense, and very affecting.

I'm going to give myself some hugs! (*hug*)

11. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

:roflmao:
    Oh now thats funny

12. geordie94

I'm still surprised where they find these brilliant actors who start out in tiny parts n then when they get a good script just blow us away.. naya rivera, chris colfer n now max adler... I've seen far worse actors in big movies.

This episode was triggering for me but I'm still glad it was done.

13. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I did not get to see that episode....I don't know if I want to now....It is depressing....I just don't think I will be able to watch this without crying...

14. nebenebe

Lafayette, Louisiana, USA, North America, Earth
    I just finished watching it. It was so sad, David has been my favorite character next to Blaine since he came out. I've been wanting to see more of him after that bar scene, but not like this!

15. Emberstone

I just hope sebastian says gone. I really got tired of the gay villan plotline.

It works on Downton Abbey, but there, it only appears a few times in the first season (I am on season two now, and I hope they have more gay thomas moments), and it is not a beat-you-over-the-head kind of plot element.

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just a reminder in case some aren't aware, the next episode isn't until April 10.

17. ForeverYours227

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That episode had me crying, it was so powerful. It was a great way to deal with teen suicide and I think had the ability to relate to a large group of people. They also had a Trevor Project PSA in the middle.

18. Tim

Tim

He's being considered for series regular in season 4, actually.

Anyway, on the topic at hand: Ryan told us Glee would be going to Teen Suicide during season 1 when like 4 LGBT teens killed themselves in a week period. So it should have been expected.

I like the fact that Hulu specifically airs the Trevor Project commercials during the episode as well.

#18 Tim, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  19. It was definitely a powerful episode. I'd recommend everybody watch it, even if they might think it'll be depressing. I found myself crying watching it in my kitchen, but it was a cry well worth it.

I love--love Sebastian. Grant Gustin is a total cutie and his character is interesting.

I admit I haven't been following Glee since the first couple of episode this season, but the hoopla about this episode got me watching it, and I'm glad that I did. :king:

20. Emberstone

guh, and we have what, 5 more weeks till glee returns?