1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evangelical Lutherans Oppose Proposed Minnesota Gay Marriage Ban

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fintan, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Fintan

Evangelical Lutherans Oppose Proposed Minnesota Gay Marriage Ban
    On Top Magazine

2. Emberstone

too bad this is not enough to make a claim that to deny gay people marriage rights is to infringe upon christians who support marriage to legally marry their gay parishoners in the sanctity of their faith and church.

but then pat robertson would shit his diaper, and rick santorum would talk about anal sex more, and when rick santorum does that... well, lets just say it is creepy.

3. Fintan

The Evangelical Lutheran Church of America nationwide also changed its policy in 2009 to allow for openly gay and lesbian pastors in committed relationships. But do not support gay marriage yet, as far as I know.

4. steel03

The ELCA does support and perform gay marriages. I've been happily ELCA my entire life.

5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is exactly what should be exclaimed more. Well, the fact that marriage discrimination denies churches their religious freedom, not the part about santorum discussing anal sex; that is creepy. This makes me think of the Urbandictionary definition* of "santorum" (it's the top Google search result for his name) which is really funny being associated with him. Hi Mr. Frothy :smilewave

*Note: There will be no ejaculate in the amalgam with proper condom use, which is highly recommended.

6. Emberstone

We have to remeber, religious freedom only applies, apprently, to people who hold certain religious views.

Also, there is a wonderful demotivational poster that has a picture of rick santorum, with a caption that is something like "Rick Santorum is the only presidential canidate in history to have an offical opinion on anal sex... trust rick santorum to have alot to say about assholes."