1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kirk Cameron on homosexuality: "Unnatural & destructive"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fintan, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Fintan

Kirk Cameron on homosexuality: 'Unnatural, destructive to foundations of civilization'

[YOUTUBE]9W3Wix0rlgU[/YOUTUBE]​

2. Ridiculous

Can we remove his ability to use all the things invented by homosexuals (computers, clothing, entertainment etc.)? I'm sure he really doesn't want them, they are destructive after all.

3. djt820

Kirk Cameron. Anybody care about him, a mediocre actor? No? Alright, let's keep it that way.

4. Emberstone

There is no christanity in fundiementalist christanity.

Kirk uses fundementalist christanity for profit... nothing else.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew I forgot to post about this...but I mean it just gives to the whole factor of how minuscule and meaningless he was on my radar. He had what...one good role?

6. Mogget

He's something of an iconic figure within certain circles of evangelical Christianity, but really has no relevance outside of that.

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

/thread.

8. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He was one of the first TV crushes I had as a kid and I think he's aged very well. His beliefs, however, really turn me off. He just repeats the typical talking points while ignoring the facts. Unnatural, really? Being gay is completely natural for me and probably is for him. He sounds like he protests too much. He would do more good in the world if he'd accept his natural sexuality as God wants him to. I dunno, just my opinion.

9. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Last night when I was watching 8 I was thinking about this. We have huge stars like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, George Clooney, Robert Downing Jr, Kevin Bacon, etc. We have an A-list ensemble fighting for real equality...

And then homophobes and organizations like NOM and the FRC have Kirk Cameron and Victoria Jackson, two idiots whose brains are even deader than their careers. I am so grateful to be living in this time.. ^_^

10. Bedroom Hymns

I do not want to watch it. I feel sort of guilty for not watching it though, like I should not try to avoid these things as a gay person.

11. ANightDude

I didn't get to see the full thing - usually Piers gets really into the whole "Gay is bad" thing and sets his guests straight if they need to be. That's what I love about him.

As for Cameron, does his opinion actually matter? If he's a douche, he's a douche.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bet the people who are anti-gay, most of them barely make a living lol. That's why they're so miserable :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. bdman

This is the type of fundamentalist christianity embraced by my family and what I grew up with. It forces me to remain closeted and the more I accept who I am...the farther it pushes me away from my family...and they can't figure out why. I just wish there was some way to reason with people like this.

14. Emberstone

not to insult your family, but the challange of reasoning with a fundementalist christian is that reason itself is a concept rejected by most fundementalist christians. You cant reason with someone who intentionally blinds themselves from the reality of the world and faith because it doesnt fit in with what *they* want the world to be.

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    GLAAD tells Kirk Cameron he's "no longer an idol". In case he missed that memo from PopCultureLand fifteen years ago, I guess.

Lex

16. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree. Logic doesn't seem to prevail if it disputes religious doctrine in any way. As far as fundamentalists are concerned, the "Good Book" trumps logic (and even hard evidence) in all things.

I found myself infuriated at this video, even though I know none of it actually affects my life. Just the thought of some self-righteous individual preaching against who I am without actually knowing me makes my blood boil. :tantrum:

#16 lazyboy, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  17. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I shouldn't watch this kindof stuff. It really gets me boiling inside. I just don't understand how there can still be people like this in the world. Like seriously, I just don't get it. Makes me wanna pull the man out of the screen. That's why I avoid watching these kinds of things, I just get too angry about it.

18. Emberstone

to be honest, I refuse to watch the video clips. I find articles that have transcirpts... it doesnt anger my blood as much if I just read it, then seeing it coming from the auxleary anuses (since people like kirk, pat robertson, and rick santorum spew shit from both orfices) of these kinds of people.

Christ was not a facist, so kirk, why are you?

19. Bedroom Hymns

I don't understand this joke, but bananas are always a good way to end a thread :eusa_danc.

20. Rob999

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Who?

I think it means that what the guy said was as big a deal as a banana. I don't know, I may have it all wrong. :lol: