1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something subtle

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Mlpguy88, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if this belongs here but it's a small thing that happened and made me smile so I thought I should share.

I'm taking a criminology class right now, the class is the first thing you take if you are in a criminal justice major. It's introductory and has alot to do with people, how we interact, and obviously crime and the justice system. My professor was talking about how certain groups of people can get away with things that others can't, and who seems to be obligated to do what, alot of things like that.

He was giving us a scenario about how men and women interact together, and he started off by saying "Alright lets just pretend that everyone in here is heterosexual" then he went into his scenario. But just the fact that he said that made me think that our community really is making strides if we can be accepted into the criminal justice system. I guess the stereotypes are changing for us :slight_smile:

It's nothing major but it seemed like a subtle victory.

2. British Lad

British Lad Guest

a Win is a Win.

3. Emberstone

love your professor just for that.