1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russian authorities threaten to arrest Madonna over her pro-LGBT stance

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Doctor Faustus, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Doctor Faustus

More here: Madonna may be arrested in St Petersburg - PinkNews.co.uk

Thoughts? Reactions?

2. Paper Heart

She's crafty. I know she'll find a way to say something without directly saying it. Madge is wonderful.

3. Ridiculous

I think the best thing that could happen would be for her to be arrested. It'd draw significant overseas interest, which would lead to significant criticism of this law.

4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I love how this duhface is complaining that he might have to attend a concert. No one is forcing you to go honey. If you're there, it's only because you can't stand to think that someone else might be having fun. He'll be there to suck any and all fun he can find away as fast as he possibly can. Fascist.

If they arrest Madonna it will be worldwide news, and if the police crash a concert it's going to end violently. At the end of the day though this is necessary. Laws like this can't be overcome with silly platitudes and moderate words. You have to get in people's faces and let them know you have something to say.

5. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1) He's an idiot.
    2) Unfortunately, Russian liberals are even bigger idiots. Or thieves. Or both.
    3) So, it'll be Law, Order, Iron Curtain and "not a bad life at all, sure, you can only whisper bad things about Putin in your kitchen, but we have our 'sausage for ruble and twenty' and those Amerikosy FEAR US AGAIN!!! " in the Russia for the next few decades. Kitchen-whisperers would grow into another generation of totally useless yammerhead liberals, who will botch Perestroika 2.0, so that the thieving kind can line their pockets in resulting chaos (and then hastily convert into "law and order types" to keep that stolen money in their pockets.) And the cycle will go on. That's just life, that's how things always are everywhere.

6. Rob999

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Anyone else look at his picture and see the same old gay-in-denial look that so many anti-gay people have?

7. Aeon Magus

8. MikeyHonore

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure he would rather not arrest Madonna, because the news would spread like wild fire.

9. TheRoof

something like this happened before i believe in blond ambition tour during the 90s. I believe in Canada or something the police threatened to arrest her if she performed that infamous masturbation scene of Like A Virgin song. Well, she ended up doing it and they didn't arrest her, I mean how could they? it's just a bluff.
    By the way I'm going to her concert in September!! So freaking excited!! :wink:

10. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know what's sadder.. that this is actually happening, or that I'm not surprised.. this is Russia after all.. sigh :frowning2:

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this says it all

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Svwm_k9hYk[/youtube]

12. Emberstone

To think that Russia, of all places, would be against propaganda.