1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti-Gay Marriage Group Recommends Creating Tension Between Gays and Blacks

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DarkClarity, Mar 28, 2012.

1. DarkClarity

Anti-Gay Marriage Group Recommends Creating Tension Between Gays and Blacks - NYTimes.com

2. Hot Pink

They realize that people of African descent can also be gay, right?

3. Travel Tech

Wait, where did that women part even come from? So African-Americans yell at gay people, and then gay people yell back at them AND at women for good measure?

Edit: Oh wait, rereading it I see that they mean spokesmen and spokeswomen, just shortened a bit.
    Still really stupid.

4. Mogget

They're just trying to play up the existent homophobia in the black community and the existent racism in the LGBT community, nothing new. We saw something similar when black Californians were blamed for Prop 8 passing.

5. Emberstone

did you read up on the internal documents that said NOM is looking for 'noncognitive celebrities' to spread their message. They were looking for stupid people to talk to stupid people to get those stupid people to get scared of gay marriage!!!

6. Caoimhe Fayre

^^^ at least they're admitting that you have to be pretty dumb to think same sex marriage is such a bad thing :grin:

I mean, seriously... this is our opposition?

7. Emberstone

They were grasping at straws and playing dirty from the beginning. The sad thing is we did not need inteneral documents supoeniad by a court to know that. But to now have them acknowledging internally what we knew, just makes it all the more disgusting.

8. RedState

I got news for you, it's already there.

9. Level75

Typical conservatives taking the stance that college is liberal elitism, like the media. Translation: The facts don't match our narrative. I wonder how they reconcile that with the fact those big corporations they're other whys willing to stand behind only want educated people in their ranks.

10. Emberstone

people trained to think critically are harder to control.

11. Level75

I really want to resist trying to see any good come out of such a tragedy. But I can't help but wonder how bad it is for NOM that this all had to come out just as the spotlight has been placed on the death of Trayvon Martin.

#11 Level75, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  12. Emberstone

You have to understand that religious-supremicist organizations like this, as that all FRC and NOM and other such groups are, exist purely on the belief that everyone, regardless of who they are, should be forced to abide by their warped, and often anti-biblical view of religion.

as liz lemon would say: "Really? your trying to bring logic to the robot/bear talk show sketch?"

it is easier to force the whole of the universe through the eye of a needle than to get facists to grow up.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still think it's awesome NOM's finally been exposed for who we all knew they were. That there is physical proof now.

14. Emberstone

made more sickening by the fact that they are proud of their tactics.

I think that trying to incite race war, as these documents show, should constitute terrorisem, since it is based in terrorising people, and turning them against each other.

Usually, a nazi comparrision is a sign of a weak arguement, but reading these documents, in reference to the one about creating a wedge between gays and blacks, really does fit the bill of what we saw in germany with the rise of the third riech; it was all about creating a wedge between christians and jews, christians and gays, christians and blacks, christians and gypsies, and christians and ethnic minorities.

When you try to divide everyone up and pit them against each other, that makes you an COLLOSAL ASSHOLE.