1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Conservatives lead charge for gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fintan, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Fintan

British Conservatives lead charge for gay marriage - The Washington Post

2. DarkClarity

I have a link to that consultation which the Home Office published if you want take a look.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/public...il-marriage/consultation-document?view=Binary

I believe that all should be equal under the law and that includes the right for same-sex couples to get married and be trapped into miserable, sexless relationship for life just like heterosexual folk. To be honest the Tories have surprised me on this. I only thought Cameron was saying this just to win extra votes and wasn't actually going to do anything. I do hope this goes through.

3. Harve

4. DarkClarity

Well that disappointing that more people have signed the Coalition For Marriage petition. Its been made very clear by both the consultation and coalition ministers that the changes are To remove the ban on same-sex couples being able to have a marriage through a CIVIL ceremony. and that there will be NO CHANGES to how religious organisations solemnize marriages. These bigots are only really getting all worked up over the definition of a word. Religion doesn't own the word marriage.

You can respond to the consultation: https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice.gov.uk/v.asp?i=48356xhlqw

#4 DarkClarity, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a feeling the reason more have done this is I bet they have people outside of UK signing >_> While the coalition for Equal Marriage is doing the right thing and making it those in the UK because this is technically a UK issue...though I do wish I could sign lol

6. Salazar

See, I'm a catholic, and its stuff like the coalition for marriage and the church's constant interference in matters of state that really fucks me off. Unfortunately my mum, aunt and grandma have signed the c4m petition. My step dad, being an atheist, summarised the church's stance on everything as "beatings will continue until morale improves". I don't understand how people can be against gay marriage. The only consequence of gay marriage will be that gays will marry. The world will not implode! It really doesn't affect anyone else!!!!!!

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like your step dad. He shoots straight.

Also, I really like your expression "fucks me off." I have found it doesn't work that way in American or Canadian English. That makes me so giddy!

8. Emberstone

because the history of religion on earth is the source of nearly all genocides in history. There will always be people who use religion for evil.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well have you told your mother, and aunt and grandma you're gay. It's as Harvey Milk once said. "If they know one of us, they'll vote for us." or something along those lines.

10. eveninghush

I just hope Britain delivers and that by the time I am 18, I can legally marry a man in a church and call it a 'marriage', therefore having the same rights as all other citizens. I won't get married at 18 of course, it's the principle.

I'm Catholic and I believe in God but 'marriage' is just a word! Get over it already!

I just feel for the gay Texan, who knows when they'll get their rights :frowning2: