1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#tomyunbornchild brought to life

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Leora, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Leora

Trigger warnings in the video for homophobia and hate speech.

This video brought to life some of the awful hate speech that circulated when #tomyunbornchild was trending on twitter, showcasing how awful some people can be. It's easy to ignore these things when they're just text on a screen, but seeing them brought to life was pretty hard to watch.

A video worth a glance, I think.

2. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The video itself doesn't make me super mad (it does to some extent though). What makes me mad is the amount of likes that it has.
    Stupid, ignorant people. I swear to God...

3. Leora

The video itself's purpose was to highlight how idiotic some of the stuff being said was, so it doesn't make me mad. It's the tweets that do...
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough, the video is to illustrate the things being said on twitter and how wrong they are. So the likes are in support of how ridiculous these things are, if that makes sense?

4. Emberstone

I like how, at the end, it lists the users who tweets were used for the video.

I got the point of it right from the beginning. I knew immediatly that they were not speaking their own words, but the words of others.

I liked the video because of the fact that it is a powerful show of just how vile homophobia is when it is hidden behind a internet handle. By taking them off the page, and speaking them out loud, it makes them even more disgusting.

then, by posting the people who are saying these things, it holds those people accountable.

homophobes hate that. they hate being quoted when they say hurtful, vile, vulger things.

Kudos to the makers of this video.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^QFT.^^

I think it's absolutely brilliant that the people who made the film directly credited the bigoted assholes who said such horrible things. And, of course, there's nothing any of them can do, since it's just quoting a Twitter posting.

I also think the "likes" of the video are "liking" the sarcasm and obvious pointing out of the bigotry that's happening, not "liking" the bigotry itself.

6. djt820

This video is great.