1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day of Silence

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by lavajava, Apr 20, 2012.

1. lavajava

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have mixed feeling about the Day of Silence. I understand the message of the Day of Silence and I believe it trying it best to create change, but does it.

High School was a warzone for me, it was the three month of my freshman year and I was outed for be lesbian. I was called name at first and things just got worst from there. I when to teacher and told them what was going and try doing something but in the end, I was told to be silent. In april got a few friends together and try to form GSA which we told we did not have to one in school, again it felt like we had to quit and had no voice.

After dropping out of school and going to college I took apart in Day of Silence. It was the hardest day for me, I felt like was going back to a dark place in my life and unable to have voice again. I did not like the feeling, and would not wish that on my enemy. I think we should be loud and proud and not silence anymore.

What do you think about the Day of Silence?

2. There was another post made yesterday regarding the Day of Silence here, where you can find my opinion about it. Like you, I have mixed feelings about it, but for other reasons stated in my reply.