1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

39 years later, a student apologizes to his gay former teacher

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Vesper, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Vesper

I just saw this story, and thought that it would be of interest to members of this community.

Excerpt:

#1 Vesper, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. JRNagoya

Really good story and one that makes you reflect on your own life and the wrongs you've committed to others and the trespasses others have done to yourself. It's certainly a measure of a person who is willing to put pride on the side and apologize to someone you've wronged. I've been in that situation and it wasn't fun at all. Hopefully people will read this article and look at their lives to see how they treat others not only with their words, but with their actions, indifference, and apathy.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the best part of this story is how hard he searched trying to find this teacher and that he never gave up because he wanted to apologize. You don't see it that often you know? I commend him for doing what he did now. People would be surprised how powerful an apology can be.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's a beautiful moment, and it really goes back to how crazy we can get with defensive homophobia.