1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

‘Angry Queers’ damage Driscoll’s Portland church

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fintan, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Fintan

Angry Queers damage Driscoll's Portland church - The Washington Post

2. Pain

Pain Guest

Sad. That just amplifies the hate. Can't we all just get along?!?!?!

3. SkyDiver

I always get worried that people like this give a bad name to the whole LGBT community. It really hurts our cause.

But you know what?

I realized that it's just plain stupid to judge an ENTIRE group of people on the actions of a FEW misguided individuals.

If someone is doing that, that's their own problem, and they've got some issues to work out.

But this story is really unfortunate. I agree with QVLM! :frowning2:

4. Zontar

All I can picture are rainbow colored birds slingshotting each other into the church building in hopes of crushing little green pigs...

5. Allecto

Here's their press release.

Mars Hill is terrible and I wholeheartedly support anyone calling them out. That being said, the majority of those types of queers are freaking insufferable. They basically think that anyone who disagrees with them is a conformist who wants to be like straight people.

#5 Allecto, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  6. sanguine

:lol: i thought of angry birds also

seriously, who gives a dam if these guys are giving the LGBT a bad name, i dont see it like that at all, i dont see anyone of you guys trying to make change, except criticizing and judging, heck some of you guys arent even comfortable saying your gay/bi/trans in public.

id be proud to represent an angry queer, mostly cause it sounds cool

7. Emberstone

he damaged the church by moving into it.

but still vadalisem is wrong, regardless.

8. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same reaction. And I don't even play AB. :/ "Angry <whatever>" is probably forever ruined as a name for an organization that wants itself being taken seriously.

9. Eric

The problem with everything you said is that violence doesn't effect positive change in society. Smashing the windows in a church won't have any outcome other than to alienate people who may be hesitant to support LGBT groups or causes.

Also, it's unfair to accuse everyone of not doing anything to create a change in society, and it's a completely false statement with regard to the membership base on EC. There are a lot of members who are part of LGBT groups, and who actively encourage people to participate in LGBT events and come out. A lot of members here also offer their own insights and advice to other members who are struggling with their sexuality, which makes a positive change in it's own way.

10. sanguine

all they did was destroy a stained glass window, big woop, if anything that crime wont even measure up to the preaching of hate hes doing to the poor children who are LGBT and their parents.

yea true, i just get alittle worked up when it comes to LGBT rights and how people tend to make a push forward, i think we as the LGBT society let ourselves down cause most of us are too ashamed of our own identity and internalized homophobia. I think its an exclusive right for those fighting for our rights as a collective to make their own decisions at what happens and what doesnt, after all they are the ones fighting harder than any opinionated poster here on EC for LGBT rights everywhere (excluding those who are out there making change also).

Not everyone will be pleased, but as long as some kid is suicidal cause hes gay/trans, or because they're being bullied about his sexuality/identity, im not going to criticize this method, im just going to nod my head and say good on them.

#10 sanguine, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  11. Patrick777

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    While I don't support vandalism, people can't forget the vandalism done to the hearts of LGBT people, especially teens, by this horrible man. Windows can be repaired...