1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richard Grenell hounded from Romney campaign by anti-gay conservatives

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 1, 2012.

1. Dan82

2. Level75

Well now, and here I thought Romney could pretty much do whatever he wanted now that he's their party presidential candidate. Apparently not...

3. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

He resigned?!?! Aww...

4. sguyc

God I can't wait until the younger generation of repubs starts running things, but then again maybe the indoctrination in concentrated conservative areas is too much and the party will have to drag these people and ideals along for another generation.

5. Level75

I really am disappointed, honestly. It's especially timely given the recent thread on LGBT conservatives. This was their chance to show that the right can set aside personal beliefs for good policy. And, in the bigger picture, that gay people aren't going to bow down to pressure from the religious right. So much for that.

6. Kidd

Kidd Guest

That's the point I came here to make. Keep in mind by the way that this guy wasn't even running for elected office, and he was working on an issue that is completely separate and not even remotely related to LGBT equality, and he was drummed out regardless. Like I said in the LGBT conservative thread; a republican's right-wing base is more important than any gay will ever be.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Facepalm