1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romney: Gay couples should have right to adopt

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 10, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...5/10/gIQArjAVGU_blog.html?wprss=rss_campaigns

2. Jonathan

While I do not agree with his views on gay marriage, I applaud him for his opinion that gays should be able to adopt. It is definitely a step in the right direction with social issues.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

They can adopt, but don't let them get married!!! Just like...live together and raise your kids...like friends, of course.

Bah, the guy flip flops so much that it really doesn't matter what he says. And even then, LGBT people being able to adopt is legal in every single state so it shouldn't even be a question anymore.

I really dislike this guy -_-

4. Bree

It's a political move to keep Obama from winning anyone who cares at all about gay rights, without openly condoning it enough to threaten his manhood.

5. Classic Romney flip flop

6. Ridiculous

Are gay couples allowed to adopt in every state? Here in NZ gay people can adopt, but only as single parets - you can't put two people of the same sex as parents of the child on the adoption papers. You can only adopt as a single parent or as a heterosexual couple.

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cynical, but positive direction

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Facepalm yet thumbs up sorta...

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Naw, most states still don't allow gay couples to adopt so I guess in that sense Romney here is stating something new.

I do find it interesting that people are fighting against a word so angrily though. I had imagined that most people that are against equal marriage is based on the idea of "protecting the children".

10. Vesper

That's nice, but he'll have to retract this statement once NOM raises a fuss about it. Anything less than full support of making LGBT Americans 2nd class citizens will not fly with the anti-gay brigade whose support he wants to have.

11. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thousands of years, right... it's not like people banged each other regardless of gender in Rome. Or were married by the government (not a religion) in Greece.

Yeah Romney you're right, gay people didn't exist before the 20th century.

12. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    me too, i really don't understand it...

13. Mad Man L

It's a way of Romney moving to the left without the 'deep south' Republicans condemning him as a pro-gay 'evil liberal'. I've always seen him as being very moderate compared to most republicans.

In the end, it makes him look pro-gay, but it also gains the (semi)-approval of the conservatives. While some may see this as a 'win', in other senses, it just makes him look more stupid.

14. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

A very sneaky move on his part. 100% strategic. Flip flop, His popcorn kernel brain is heating up...

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Now all he needs to do is reverse about six more of his positions, and I'll say that he recovered his humanity card.

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Surprisingly they haven't even mentioned it, they're too gung-ho about going after Obama :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. aidan

18. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mitt's position on same-sex adoption was completely bogus. He doesn't believe it's desirable or beneficial, just like he doesn't believe 3/4 of what he says. He's a shameless liar who says things solely because it furthers his agenda.

Of course all politicians do this to some extent. But most don't so blatantly shift 180 degrees, multiple times, on the same issues. That's the fundamental problem with Romney is that he waffles so much you really have no idea what he believes, nor can you trust anything he says.

19. ArcaneVerse

It's because they delusionally believe they as christians created and own the term and ritual of marriage, though i would like to see them prove ownership, ya know copyright licensing and what not but then which christian church gets to ownership there are more then one big christian church and hundreds of smaller ones?

Ive never seen any evidence to support the theory that marriage was created by christians for christians, I'm sure some form of pre christian paganism has a marriage custom so. I would also think a lot of older versions of christian marriage was more akin to ownership then a beautiful union between two people anyways.

20. Doctor Faustus