1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"But a man and woman are more natural anatomically."

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by mulligan, May 13, 2012.

1. mulligan

mulligan Guest

What is the best comeback or argument or sound byte when someone throws out the ol' "But a man and woman are more natural anatomically."

This is a tough one as straight folks are pretty dug in with this one.

I'm not satisfied with the line that there are gay sheep and other animals that are homosexual. People will just point out that animals kill, sometimes cruelly. Does that mean it's natural for humans?

I think it's good if we have good arguments or explanations - if only for the young, confused gays lacking in self-esteem or confidence in their homosexuality who end up offing themselves because they are not on solid ground with the origin and knowledge of their homosexuality.

I don't buy it when some say "I don't need to explain it or defend it. That's just the way it is - shove it!" It's that in-your-face mentality that has drawn the battle lines so strongly. Most straights will come around with the proper education and/or when they discover a perfectly normal loved one who happens to be gay. Look at Dick Cheney. He would be a monster against gays if he didn't happen to have a gay daughter.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your sexuality is not up for debate.

3. mulligan

mulligan Guest

It's not for me, it's for them. Just looking for something to help them understand.

4. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kind of off topic, but I think my Philosophy professor said it best: ''When people say that same sex marriage isn't natural or because they can't have kids, then why do older people who can no longer have kids get married?''

5. I question anyone who uses nature as the ultimate moral decider.

We do many things that are not "natural". Like contraception. Like adding preservatives to our food. Like modern agricultural techniques. Those things are not wrong to do, so why is this one "unnatural" thing wrong? (I don't think it is unnatural, homosexuality is found in over 450 species in nature. But I digress...)

Besides, the reality is, how can you really tell what is "natural" for human beings to do? Is it natural to have progressed so far or did we stray from nature when we advanced technologically from our most basic roots?

Nature is not a good moral decision maker. It's unclear as to what is and is not natural. And it's not clear that what is "unnatural" is wrong, either. AND, homosexuality is not unnatural, it's found all over the place in nature.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To add to what thedreamwatch said, on the other side of the coin, there's a lot of natural stuff that's morally wrong too. Like the human tendency to initiate force.

This is actually a phallus of relevance: Naturalistic fallacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, I don't think that the moral neutrality of homosexual and transgender feelings can be reasoned to anybody. It simply has to be something you reveal about yourself to someone who has respected you for a long time. That person has to deal with the following cognitive dissonance: "I believe homosexuality is not normal. Here's a normal person. This normal person said he was gay. He appears to be normal, so I might have to re-evaluate."

That's the only kind of education.

#6 Pret Allez, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeah, but the idea of a man and a woman having sex (ew) is totally disgusting...therefore gay sex is obviously more natural.

Or, in the lovely words of Jack McFarland:

"I mean, if God intended men and women to be together, he would have given them both penises."

There, philosophical issue settled! (*cough* SARCASM ALERT *cough*) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In other words: Well DUH it seems more natural to straight people making that argument, you're freakin' straight! It makes no sense because you're not gay!!! Good grief! Is it that hard to figure out!?

P.S. The above isn't directed at you mulligan, I'm just venting.

#7 Browncoat, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  8. Ridiculous

Then why's your g-spot halfway up your arse?

9. Kidd

Kidd Guest

It's just utterly irrelevant to any factual debate whatsoever. I like to throw questions like that back in their faces. So what if men and women are more anatomically natural? So what? I don't like women, so why should I have to date or fuck one? They always move on rather than answer any questions, or they hop on the nearest cross and start preaching to the huddled masses.

Although, the answer sort of varies on what is being discussed at that particular moment. If you're talking about gay marriage, for example, then you can simply state that love, not genitalia, makes a marriage, and leave it at that. "There's more to a marriage than a penis and a vagina." You know?

#9 Kidd, May 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2012
  10. kris B

Phallus of relevance? Talk about Freudian slips, eh?:lol:

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I fell on purpose, thank you very much!

12. starfish

Here's the thing.

I like guys. I like the hair on their bodies, I like bulges of their muscles, I love the way their cock hangs between legs, I love the stubble on their face when they don't shave for a couple of days. I love that feeling when a guy kisses me, when he holds me.

What causes these feelings. It is the response to sexual attraction. I hate to break it to them, but sexual attraction is very natural.

The only thing wrong is them thinking they have any right to pick who I am attracted to.

13. Bradley

Until 100% of married couples only have missionary style sex, that argument is a mute point. A University of British Columbia study found that 30-50% of straight married couples have tried anal sex. Straight people don't exclusively have vaginal intercourse, there are a variety of holes to try, toys to play with and positions to use.

To judge a homosexual couple because of their sexual practices is hypocrisy, as the exact same sexual practices are widespread among heterosexuals and receive no criticism at all.

If they then turn and condemn sexual practices within a heterosexual marriage, I wouldn't waste another breath talking to them...

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also, I hear that while it is extremely rare, heterosexual men in the wild have been known to give women oral sex.

15. Paper Heart

Well anatomy being correct is usually code for being able to have vaginal intercourse. That means that oral sex, anal sex, BDSM/Kinks, lubrication, and condoms are not natural/correct and therefore they can't exist in these heterosexual communities! So unless heterosexuals are going by the bible and only having sex to multiply, then I guess they're just as incorrect as the rest of us.

16. dreamcatcher

Dude, I've heard this argument a million and one times!! I've tried to argue against this with my father but their is absolutely no point as we just keep going around in circles.It doesn't matter how hard I try because they are entrenched so deep in their beliefs so honestly, I wouldn't even bother trying to argue it out. If someone is so set in their ways, it is unlikely that any convincing argument you give them will change their minds.

17. crazyhead

I'm okay with the animal thing. Sure, just because animals do it does not automatically make it morally okay to do. And actually, very few animals kill for no reason. It's usually for food. Except dolphins. They rape and murder all the time. But back to my point. It's not that it's okay if animals do it. We don't go, "Okay. If we can't prove that it's okay to do something, than it must be wrong." No. You need to prove that an action is immoral. And some people claim that it is immoral because it is not natural. Proving that it is seen in nature does not mean that it's okay to do it, it only proves that that particular argument is false. I'm not saying, "It's seen in nature, so it's okay." I'm saying, "It's seen in nature, so it is not unnatural."

If that's not enough, then to me personally, I think that
    Putting two penises together seems more natural than a penis and a vagina. They're the same. They go together. When you go to a movie store, all movies of the same genre are grouped together. It just makes sense to put alike things together.

18. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

Ah yes, the natural design argument. God's great and beautiful plan of 1 man and 1 woman.

Well humans seem naturally inclined to hate and kill one another. It has been evident since the dawn of our species. So I think we should abolish all laws against homicide and just let people be free to kill one another, naturally. But that's just silly, the 10 commandments state otherwise.

Well the 10 commandments speak not of owning slaves, and passages in the old testament condone it. The natural traits that black people tend to be physically larger than caucasians, and less educated, making them the perfect slave stock. So naturally, and biblically, as present in our history, white people should own slaves. That silly law abolishing should be overturned. Its not too late.

People die of old age, and disease naturally, so why should medical science seek to prolong life? People with severe allergies suffer a genetic flaw, yet we provide them with medications to keep them alive, so they can pass their flaws onto a new generation. This works against the natural order where only the strongest and most adapted pass on their genes. If we allowed people with allergies to die off, eventually we would have a species free of allergies. so those kids that prevent your kids from bringing peanut butter sandwiches to school are a threat. They should die, or at least be castrated. Smoking is also unnatural, and it is a poor choice, like homosexuality. You are inhaling toxins that occur naturally in car exhaust, and the subsequent health care cost is astronomical. Smokers should die.

Oral sex is also unnatural. The penis and vagina are used for excretion of waste material. To place your mouth there is unnatural. Everyone who engages in oral sex, should die, they are wrong, or in the least, be castrated. Disagreeing with someone who is clearly right is also a sign of stupidity. Stupidity is natural, but I don't like it. So everyone who disagrees with me should die, or be castrated...

PS: I'm only bringing religion into this, because no one who makes this argument does so from scientific base, its always hand-in-hand with religious bias BS. I'm trying to make my post sound as ridiculous as possible.

#18 ArcherySet, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
  19. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would challenge them to consider what they're saying. They're claiming that being anatomically unnatural makes something immoral. What are the criteria for that? What effect do anatomically unnatural things have which makes them so reprehensible?

When they fail to answer those questions convincingly, I would urge them to produce a substantive argument for its immorality, something other than "it's weird" and variations thereof.

20. Emberstone

proof positive that intelligent design is false: your butthole and your genitals are mere inches away: I.E., your home entertainment center is right next to your waste chute.