1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Student Confronts School Board About Bullying

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 15, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://wnep.com/2012/05/10/gay-student-confronts-school-board-about-bullying/

2. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

Making a video of someone without their permission and then showing it in public (in any capacity) and to top it all off, to have open discussion with fellow students is illegal. This teacher IS the bully.

I hope this family takes this matter to the courts, and I sincerely hope this teacher loses their job and is black listed, and never able to teach again.

This is low, low, low. This is one of the few times I actually want a Facebook campaign to get people together like an angry nest of hornets and swarm this asshole.

I was bullied in high school for being gay and if a teacher dared have a class discussion about me and my sexuality like my life was his to dissect in a classroom, I would burn his BLEEP BLEEPING house down. You just don't do that to people.

PS: I lived in a small town and knew where all my teachers lived.

#2 ArcherySet, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
  3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope she loses her job. She doesn't deserve to be employed.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... it's not that black-and-white. If the prom were in a public place, such that there was no expectation of privacy, and (as with most proms) people are taking pictures, then it would be hard to argue that any privacy or intellectual property laws were broken.

Even showing the video probably wasn't illegal.

In horribly, horribly bad taste, yes. Violating the student's sense of safety, definitely.

But this is Luzerne County, PA... same place where a judge was convicted of sending juvenile offenders who had done incredibly minor stuff like stealing a 50 cent candy bar to the (privately run, for-profit) prison because he was getting kickbacks for each juvenile he sentenced. (He's in prison for a very long time now.) This is one of the most backwards, redneck places outside of small towns in the south. I do hope that the student in question gets satisfaction, but it's going to be tough.

5. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As many as 6000 kids were unlawfully sent to prison, according to this article. It was all over the news back in 2009. Really messed up. And apparently a *lot* of things in Luzerne County are very, very corrupt.