1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush '04 pollster: Change in attitudes on gay marriage across the board

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Mogget, May 16, 2012.

1. Mogget

Former Bush pollster Jan van Lohuizen urges the GOP to rethink its opposition to gay rights:

Bush '04 pollster: Change in attitudes on gay marriage across the board - POLITICO.com

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love that strategy. Wait until the numbers support you; then support the position that was morally right all along. Now that's some serious moral courage.

3. RedState

Welcome to Washington.

4. Emberstone

Dare I believe that we will be seeing the republican party step away from the tyrancy of the religious right (who the bible itself states is DEAD WRONG, AND ANTI-CHRISTIAN), and might be able to see actual work get done in washington.

you have obama to the right of nixon, and the center of the republican party well to the right of moussolini...

sad for america that it has taken soo long to see glimmer of hope that the right will step away from christofacisem.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That would be tyranny of the religious right, and no, I don't expect that will end at any time in the next 20 years.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to be honest. While I'm thrilled to be able to marry here in Canada, and truly believe it should be extended everywhere, I honestly would be happy if USA would just give all the rights marriage comes with to the couples, even if it didn't have to be called marriage. I know, I know, a lot of people are going to debate me saying it's the principle of being able to use the term married and I completely agree, but even just for now, until the numbers are up more where we actually can win...at least protect LGBT in employment, allow hospital visitation, and in the case of Shane in the video that was posted, have access to information regarding a partner's death without the parent blocking him....which still deeply concerns me because I'm quite sure, even if they're not married, they are actually not legally allowed to bar him from a funeral for example (I still say he should have gone but had police come with him as protection, if the father and uncle of Tom had tried something, they would've been arrested)

But like I said, just for now, I just wish all the protections and rights could be granted, even if atm it didn't require the title marriage (which again I still think it needs to be allowed, I simply am just saying)

Please note by saying this I know some will criticize me because I already have the right to marry, but I'd gladly give up having "marriage" so long as I just have the rights associated with it.