1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama not invited when Rep. Frank marries longtime partner

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 19, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...vited-when-rep-frank-marries-longtime-partner

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Understandable. This isn't a big deal in my opinion, this is more just a case of personal feelings, and I'd be the same way. I'd love to have Obama and Michelle to my wedding, but I don't want the Secret Service frisking every guest as they enter, no thank-you.

3. Zontar

The Secret Service is a respectable, necessary institution and shouldn't really get the blame here.

If anything, it's just the reality that the POTUS needs that extra layer of security, and he should probably highlight that instead of singling out the Secret Service.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True, and by no means am I saying Secret Service is bad, I think they are very admirable. While they shouldn't be solidly blamed or singled out, but I still think it's true that it could be cause for not inviting Obama. Yes there's of course concern of him being attacked at any point really, but still...it makes sense to prevent disruption to his wedding which is what could occur.

5. starfish

Nothing wrong with not inviting someone to your wedding. A wedding is a very personal thing, really you can have any reason you want for inviting or not inviting someone.

The secret service thing is a good way to save face for not inviting the President.