1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kansas teacher investigated after publishing an anti-LGBT post on his Facebook page

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Doctor Faustus, May 19, 2012.

1. Doctor Faustus

More here: Jack Conkling, Kansas Teacher, Writes On Facebook That Being Gay Is 'The Same As Murder'

2. Zontar

Re: Kansas teacher investigated after publishing an anti-LGBT post on his Facebook pa

Argument Status: Lost, stopped reading there, rustled my jimmies, etc.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Kansas teacher investigated after publishing an anti-LGBT post on his Facebook pa

Yup. You being an idiot 'is what it is'. Good job man. Your argument is invalid.

4. ArcaneVerse

Teachers shouldn't have students on their Facebook anyways, they should have their account private. He has a right to his beliefs and to express them on Facebook, but he does not have the right to let it effect his job as a teacher, which is has and probably will again if he has to deal with gay students.

5. Michaelisopen

Out Status:
    Not out at all

I don't like how he uses God as a back board. A homosexual inclination is not a sin!!!!! Its having sex out of marriage, whether straight or gay, that is a sin. They are equal. Of course, I am pretty sure this is Catholic teaching. I really don't know how people can be so hateful. In my case, I would choose to be straight if I could, so when people like him say stuff like that, it makes me feel worse. Good thing I am coming around to being gay. :slight_smile:

6. Paper Heart

To me, he lost his "this is for my FaceBook friends!!" argument when he befriended students. That is where the line is drawn for me.