1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U.S.S. Harvey Milk floats SF supervisors’ boat

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 23, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://blog.sfgate.com/cityinsider/2012/05/22/u-s-s-harvey-milk-floats-sf-supervisors-boat/

2. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why would they want to consult a spirit, was spirits also consulted when the constitution was drafted? how can they be sure the spirit weren't some kind of demonic force?

But it least we have a glbt navy vessel!

3. Aldrick

LOL. A spirit board? What in the world is that?

I'm just picturing all the members of the SF Board of Supervisors in a room with a ouija board. They're gathered around the board, hands on the little triangle thing, and the room is filled with candlelight. Some "magical" spirit summoning crystals are off to the side on an expensive looking "blessed" piece of silk cloth.

Supervisor 1: "Alright, everyone be quiet, close your eyes, and think about Harvey. I'm going to call to him to bring his spirit back into the presence of this room."

Supervisor 2 (the pessimist): "Really, do we have to do this? I feel like an idiot and I think -"

The Other Supervisors: "SHHHH!"

Supervisor 1: "Harvey if you can hear me, we have an important question to ask you... we summon you back from the spirit realm so that we can converse..."

[Several Moments pass in silence.]

Supervisor 1: "I feel his presence in the room. Harvey, we need to know if you approve of having a boat named after you. Does this satisfy you? Is it respectful to your memory?"

Supervisor 2: "That's two questions."

The Other Supervisors: "SHHHH!"

Supervisor 3: "Holy shit! It's moving! It's working! Harvey is responding!"

Supervisor 2 [To Supervisor 1]: "Dude, you're moving it! I can feel you dragging it across the board."

Supervisor 1: "Silence! Do not interrupt Harvey while he is speaking! Show some respect for the departed!"

Supervisor 3: "Y. He just selected the letter "Y", does that mean yes? Wait - it's still moving! E. He's spelling something out. S. Holy shit! Holy fuck! He just spelled out Yes!"

Supervisor 1: "It seems to be official now. Harvey approves. We can now hold our vote. Just remember, as you cast your votes though, you don't want to fuck with the dead or they'll haunt you. Thanks Harvey, you can go back to the spirit realm now."

Supervisor 2: "Fuck... Let's just vote and get this over with."

Okay, maybe it didn't go like that, but that's what I pictured in my mind. :grin:

I tried to consult my magic 8 ball to see what Harvey thought, but all I got was "Ask Again Later." :confused: :lol:

In all seriousness, though, I'm obviously in support of the move and hope the Armed Services Committee approves it. Unfortunately, being a Republican controlled House I have serious doubts.